• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR Prediction Please? (3 Viewers)

Serenawilder

HSC
Here are my results:
SubjectTrials ResultsTrials RankCumulative RankBand 6’s in 2022, 2023
Ancient History52/1006/86/80, 1
Biology69/1003/243/241, 1
English Standard58/10014/5820/580, 0
Math Advanced39/1005/115/116, 3
SOR II69/95 (73%)30/7748/779, 5

School rank in 2022 was 134th, and in 2023 was 188th. Is it possible to get 75 and higher?

Thank youuuuuu 😭

Last edited:

shoulfer

HSC
Here are my results:

School rank in 2022 was 134th, and in 2023 was 188th. Is it possible to get 75 and higher?

Thank youuuuuu 😭
not based of your trial marks i reckon you are looking at a 67-73 ish, if you improve in the HSC then its very possible since 75 isn't too far off

Serenawilder

HSC
not based of your trial marks i reckon you are looking at a 67-73 ish, if you improve in the HSC then its very possible since 75 isn't too far off
Okay so that‘s not good 😭 I mean I am definitely doing better in HSC so far. Also, for Math, I know it’s a low mark but the CSSA trial paper was so hard like every Catholic School‘s results were pretty low. Man I just want to get 75-80 (above 80 probably won’t happen).

jonolad69

HSC
Okay so that‘s not good 😭 I mean I am definitely doing better in HSC so far. Also, for Math, I know it’s a low mark but the CSSA trial paper was so hard like every Catholic School‘s results were pretty low. Man I just want to get 75-80 (above 80 probably won’t happen).
nah im ngl 39/100 in madv for cssa is not great at all, it fr wasn't as hard as last year

Serenawilder

HSC
nah im ngl 39/100 in madv for cssa is not great at all, it fr wasn't as hard as last year
Our highest score, if I remember correctly, was 48. My teacher mentioned that she spoke with teachers from other Catholic schools, and their results on the CSSA paper were also quite low. For my first three tasks, I averaged around 74%.

Demons

goated member
HSC
Our highest score, if I remember correctly, was 48. My teacher mentioned that she spoke with teachers from other Catholic schools, and their results on the CSSA paper were also quite low. For my first three tasks, I averaged around 74%.
not in our school, the highest we had was around 84% in the CSSA trial and my school is ranked lower than yours, most of the people that did the CSSA maths adv said it was easy. And even the head maths teacher said that it was not a difficult test compared to last year.

But if the highest at your school was 48, then they probably marked harshly so you probably can still make up a lot of ground in HSC.

Serenawilder

HSC
not in our school, the highest we had was around 84% in the CSSA trial and my school is ranked lower than yours, most of the people that did the CSSA maths adv said it was easy. And even the head maths teacher said that it was not a difficult test compared to last year.

But if the highest at your school was 48, then they probably marked harshly so you probably can still make up a lot of ground in HSC.
Oh damn 😭 For us, even the extension students said they found it tough. Our head teacher — who, by the way, always makes every exam difficult— said they overloaded it with challenging questions. My teacher mentioned she tried her best to give us marks wherever possible, so... I really don’t know.

Demons

goated member
HSC
Oh damn 😭 For us, even the extension students said they found it tough. Our head teacher — who, by the way, always makes every exam difficult— said they overloaded it with challenging questions. My teacher mentioned she tried her best to give us marks wherever possible, so... I really don’t know.
that's weird, but im sure you should be fine for HSC, just study as hard as you can for these last few days.

wildwestworm

HSC
Here are my results:

Thank youuuuuu 😭
We have similar grades 😭 hopefully our externals boost up our ATARs a decent amount. Good luck with the rest of your exams!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
From this information, your current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the high 60s to low 70s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 66 and 71. This essentially means that a 75+ ATAR may be within reach, although your chances will heavily depend on your HSC exam performance.

Biology and Studies of Religion II appear to be your best-performing subjects, meaning that they are likely to make the best contribution to your ATAR compared to the rest of your subjects. It is therefore important to thoroughly prepare for their HSC exam, allowing you to ensure favourable overall performance that would maximise both subjects' contribution to your ATAR.

Your position in Mathematics Advanced seems ambiguous because previous cohort performance seems to be relatively favourable, your own performance and that of your cohort seems to be of a lower standard. Regardless, it is crucial that you do your utmost in preparation for this subject's HSC exam.

English Standard and Ancient History are your lower-performing subjects, especially the latter. This means that at this stage, both subjects may limit your chances of achieving your ATAR goal and that there is significant room for improvement in both of them. This is an aspect that you can address by performing favourably in their HSC exam (hopefully you did well in your English Standard HSC exam), resulting in greater contributions to your ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

Serenawilder

HSC
From this information, your current performance is consistent with an ATAR in the high 60s to low 70s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 66 and 71. This essentially means that a 75+ ATAR may be within reach, although your chances will heavily depend on your HSC exam performance.

Biology and Studies of Religion II appear to be your best-performing subjects, meaning that they are likely to make the best contribution to your ATAR compared to the rest of your subjects. It is therefore important to thoroughly prepare for their HSC exam, allowing you to ensure favourable overall performance that would maximise both subjects' contribution to your ATAR.

Your position in Mathematics Advanced seems ambiguous because previous cohort performance seems to be relatively favourable, your own performance and that of your cohort seems to be of a lower standard. Regardless, it is crucial that you do your utmost in preparation for this subject's HSC exam.

English Standard and Ancient History are your lower-performing subjects, especially the latter. This means that at this stage, both subjects may limit your chances of achieving your ATAR goal and that there is significant room for improvement in both of them. This is an aspect that you can address by performing favourably in their HSC exam (hopefully you did well in your English Standard HSC exam), resulting in greater contributions to your ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! 😊 I really appreciate the insight and advice :)

shoulfer

HSC
I just did that paper yesterday its definitely harder than the HSC will be 👍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)