ATARs and Illness (1 Viewer)

jswag

HSC
N/A
Hi, I was wondering if you could get extra HSC marks to compensate for the disadvantage that an illness you have causes if you compain to the Board of Studies that you have a legit permanent mental illness such as OCD or Schizophrenia?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You should have appealed to the examination supervisors on the day if you had a problem then send a written appeal with help from your principal.

Also, you should have applied for Educational Access Scheme (EAS) so that you may get a few ATAR bonus points from UAC.

I'm not 100% sure but maybe the applications are closed now for EAS.

Last edited:

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
If it is a long standing medical illness which you think affected year 11 and 12 apply for EAS now.

HSC
You can still apply for EAS but it is too late for illness and misadventure because it's due on the last day of exams.

HSC
Stuff like OCD really isn't bonus points worthy.
I don't have OCD but your comment was really insensitive to those who have it. You can't understand a mental illness if you have not ever had one yet. It can lead onto other things that affect your concentration and general work environment, like anxiety.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I don't have OCD but your comment was really insensitive to those who have it. You can't understand a mental illness if you have not ever had one yet. It can lead onto other things that affect your concentration and general work environment, like anxiety.
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)