Attn: Extension 1 Eng Ppl (1 Viewer)

boo_girl

hey

are any ppl doing extension eng have to do an independent study on a text and its appropriation. if so, did anyone do The Great Gatsby and The Talented Mr Ripley?
if not, what did you do?

lilkatie

Nah we did nothing like that, we did science fiction: of what value to a society is the genre, and an essay on some sci fi texts, and now we have to write a science fiction story fun fun fun.
Sorry i'm no help to you

alessandra

HSC
we did
.... ten things i hate about you.... the taming of the shrew
and also... the great gatsby and american beauty....

Insanity

HSC
We had lot of choices and I did 'Pygmalion' and 'Miss Congeniality'

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
lol, we did Cinderella in pop culture...mansfield park...a insy bit on educating rita..transformations of the Cinderella myth...sexton, hp etc.

boo_girl

hmmm, the talented mr ripley is a tiny bit of an appropriation of the great gatsby. i'll see how i go... :D

Tuna

HSC
N/A
boo_girl said:
hmmm, the talented mr ripley is a tiny bit of an appropriation of the great gatsby. i'll see how i go... :D
You are doing The Great Gatsby in ext.1? I'm currently doing it too. Although not ext1 but advance. What school do you go to?

boo_girl

cowra high, in central nsw. what bits of the great gatsby are u studying in adv? that's weird.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Tess of the d'Urbervilles *noise of sideshow bob when hit in the face by ten thousand rakes*, Thelma and Louise, theoretical texts, currently doing Gosford Park.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
hey, we did the great gatsby in first term... i didnt enjoy it but thats just me... we're doing the individual project now, i've chosen pygmalion and my fair lady.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
boo_girl said:
cowra high, in central nsw. what bits of the great gatsby are u studying in adv? that's weird.
I'm doing language and imagery

HSC
Im doing a comparitive study of Dracula/Frankenstein/Silence of The Lambs

It's been quite fun to do so far :)

Our Advanced class also did Gatsby, but we did it in comparison ot Death of a Salesman

capsicum

HSC
alessandra said:
we did
.... ten things i hate about you.... the taming of the shrew
I'm doing that right now for advanced!
For extension, we did the Heroine and right now we're doing crime fiction. Go Sherlock Holmes!

astro

HSC
for ext eng we did 'role of the hero' - heart of darkness (john conrad), one flew over the cuckoo's nest, crucible, Henry V -...for adv however, we did an appropriation, we're doing 10 things i hate about you and taming of the shrew

blamethesystem

alpha and omega
HSC
diff. but same

we are doing the great gatsby in adv. but in relation to "The Dream" comparitive text study. we are comparing it 2 aussie movie "Swimming Upstream"... talk about the characters&dream, context of the character and dream, how related to other characters and dream in text, and how it is portrayed to us as the responder (what, how, howsuccessful- the usual bit)
In ext. we're doing Jane Eyre appropriated into The Eyre Affair... and the whole idea of appropriations.
hope that helps!! lol.... just blame the system

boo_girl

blamethesystem said:
we are doing the great gatsby in adv. but in relation to "The Dream" comparitive text study. we are comparing it 2 aussie movie "Swimming Upstream"... talk about the characters&dream, context of the character and dream, how related to other characters and dream in text, and how it is portrayed to us as the responder (what, how, howsuccessful- the usual bit)
In ext. we're doing Jane Eyre appropriated into The Eyre Affair... and the whole idea of appropriations.
hope that helps!! lol.... just blame the system

I DO blame the system!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)