australian passport interview (1 Viewer)

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
hey guys

im going to my local post office for aq passport interview. I was wondering has anyone ever done one of these interviews before

if so what did they ask you

tennille

HSC
I went for one last year. They just check that you correctly filled out the application form. :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
As others have already said they don't interview you anymore they just check that everything has been correctly filled out and they check that your passport photo fits the requirments. It dosn't take long.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Why would they ask you general knowledge questions? Its not like a trivia competition.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Quick question - I'm getting my first passport soon. I'm saying that I'm a de facto, but they wont expect me to prove this in any way, right? Its not like if I was widowed that they'd request my partners death certificate...

Totally paranoid, I know :eek:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
politik said:
Are you still married but separated?
No, I'm one-half of a de facto... Its people who live together and support each other, share bills and assets, and are in a monogamous (usually sexual, but doesnt need to be) relationship. I've lived with my boy for just over a year (its supposed to be 2), but his parents have 'paid' for my flight with frequent flier miles because we said that I'm his de facto... Does that make sense? Because I'm not married into the family, I had to say I'm a de facto to get the free flight.

I'm pretty sure in NSW there isnt any particular 'thing', like paperwork, that assigns you de facto status

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
There aren't any official means by which to prove your de-facto status, thats really the whole point of it in the first place, that it is not tied up in legality.

But where on your passport application do they ask you that anyway?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I just assumed they did because, at work, I do all the business visa's for people from Japan, and they have their actual marital status on their passport.

.. And its seems to be a pretty standard thing they ask on all forms. I dont know; I havent received the actual application form yet! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)