Australians want tsunami donations refunded after Corby declared guilty (1 Viewer)

OS

Banned
HSC
Bad move!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15444089-29277,00.html

It is pretty slack if people start doing this, don't you reckon? I mean they may think they are getting back at the Indonesian Government and making them regret Corby's being declared 'guilty' but look at all the innocent Tsunami victims they are selfishly hurting! Plus making the Government increasingly hostile to Australia - that won't help Corby's case if she is actually innocent!

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Given that that has already been discussed in one (or all) of the the other Corby threads, I think that this thread's title should be changed to something like "Australians' attitude towards Indonesia/ns following the Corby verdict", because that way it could also discuss the 'biological agent' that was sent to the Indonesian Embassy.

Edit: Embassy attack abusive but 'not dangerous'.

Last edited:

OS

Banned
HSC
Generator said:
Given that that has already been discussed in one (or all) of the the other Corby threads, I think that this thread's title should be changed to something like "Australia's attitude towards Indonesia following the Corby verdict", because that way it could also discuss the 'biological agent' that was sent to the Indonesian Embassy.

Edit: Embassy attack abusive but 'not dangerous'.

right on

(10 char)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Indonesia is full of asian al-queda terrorists. They dont deserve our good charity anyway.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
OS said:

It is pretty slack if people start doing this, don't you reckon? I mean they may think they are getting back at the Indonesian Government and making them regret Corby's being declared 'guilty' but look at all the innocent Tsunami victims they are selfishly hurting! Plus making the Government increasingly hostile to Australia - that won't help Corby's case if she is actually innocent!

well we expect a give a lot, recieve a lot progam. well thats y ppl want their money back and i guess everything happens for a reason

OS

Banned
HSC
I just wanted to say in a thread of its own right that these sort of actions in boycott of Bali are ridiculous and self-centred. I mean, another thread said, how do we know FOR SURE she is INNOCENT? Even if she is, this is not called for!

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
This faction of people are highly naive and in most cases based their pledge of innocence on 'the look in her eyes'. People just show their true character when they act in a charitable way initially and reverse such sentiments when something has not occurred in their favour.

They complain of the discrepencies in the Indonesian justice system yet fail to recognise the inherent ills that exist in every system.

Nonetheless it can probably be explained through the fact that the majority of people who are pushing for the boycott and the reversal of the financial support, are in most instances, are people similar to Shapelle's 'respectable' family.

The total disrespect that her mother and Mercedes displayed towards the court and the judges last week did nothing but highlight their own 'corrupt' characters and maybe provided a valid explanation as to why Shapelle came to be in such a predicament in the first place.

And as for the person/s who sent the mysterious letter...they should equally be incarcerated for sheer and utter stupidity, especially if they believed that in some way it would benefit the plight of 'poor old shapelle'.....

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Like a columnist wrote yesterday, "aren't these people supposed to defend the innocent?"

Yes, the powder thing in the embassy. Talk about terrorism...

10 points to the media.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
People are stupider then thought. The two issues are not fucking inter-related.

Schapelle Corby case has become about something much bigger then just her case. Its about the civilised laws of the West vs the Barabaric Eastern Indonesians. It is a simple way of looking at it and it is much easier to be vitriolic and demand money back etc. People I think don't really know what they want but it is much easier to look at the issue in terms of this because at least then they know where they stand and have been told what to believe.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i thought the donations were tax refundable

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i donated $25 last year for the Tsunami relief
and i never asked for the money back since the corby verdict and
supports corby's innocence.
i aint no scab!

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
bitchgirl said:
i donated $25 last year for the Tsunami relief
and i never asked for the money back since the corby verdict and
supports corby's innocence.
i aint no scab!
Maybe you're not so much on the darkside after all...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
some people are disgusting
i give my money with good intentions and hope that it can benefit someone who needs it more thne me
and i usually trust the charity will deliver the money to the people
asking for it back..thats so low..i cnat believe people have the heart to do that
like..wtf..its going to victims who have lost everything and family and have no home or food or clothes

but because some chik gets 20 gaol sentence and people think shes innocnet
they want to get their money back..because that will make it ok right?
thats fair...yeah..heaps fair and its gonna make a big difference

lawforever

HSC
like someone in this thread said before. why would the whole country create hostility with another country just because a chik got 20 year sentence........
have those ppl ever considered the situation if indonesia stops the international trade with aus?

JoeysBoy

HSC
OS said:

Some people are gimps :uhhuh:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
lawforever said:
like someone in this thread said before. why would the whole country create hostility with another country just because a chik got 20 year sentence........
have those ppl ever considered the situation if indonesia stops the international trade with aus?
An Indonesian embargo against Australia would probably mean that drug dealers would have a harder time smuggling crack into Australia. Also, would that mean an embargo on people smuggling too? Though, that's by the by. Obviously Corby and Tsunami relief aren't inter-related, but in alot of people's minds they were aiding a neighbour and now, through police bungling (mainly) an Australian whom may have been innocent is now in jail.

I should point out that Australians happily sent aid to Indonesia after Sohato, East Timor, the Bali bombing, the Meriott bombing, people smuggling, drug smuggling and a tacit refusal by Indonesia to allow us to enter into any regional summit. Australians are good people, but they don't like it when they think that they are being spat at in the face.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
OS said:

I think it's terrible. We don't even know if she's innocent or guilty, if she's guilty then they decision was fair (although the sentence was harsh) so why should they get back the money.

I really hate when the media make a big story from things. It does make us aware of what's happening but why is everyone so angry about her situation when this has happened to people before?

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
im very disgusted on people's behaviour on this issue.
would never thought ppl would be so closed minded and selfish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)