B comm at unsw, usyd or melbourne university? HELP (2 Viewers)

bronte__

HSC
I don't know whether I should attend UNSW, usyd or melbourne uni for a bachelor of commerce

UNSW is closer to get to than usyd

I am also looking for a great course as well as a great social life

Please help

X

rx34

HSC
If you live closer to UNSW, then you should go to UNSW. From what I've seen, UNSW does have a nice social life. They have a kick-ass Oktoberfest. Your social life depends on the friends you make. No point relocating to Melbourne uni to do commerce when you have offers in sydney.

Epic

HSC
Those three uni's are all top notch for Comm. Personally I'd go with USyd, but if you hate travelling then UNSW it is. How long you would have to travel to get to USyd as opposed to UNSW?

rx34

HSC
Personally I have heard UNSW's commerce is the best and USyd's commerce is not as good. But I don't think that would deter me from going to USyd.

To the OP: I'm not sure what the social life at USyd is like. But I doubt it would be much different to UNSW.

runnable

HSC
I picked UNSW Comm over USyd's. I won't bother moving to Melbourne even if it may be slightly better than UNSW, which is debatable.

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Yes, multiculturalism IS a good thing.

Are you being sarcastic? Not sure that I like your attitude if you are.

Epic

HSC
Yes, multiculturalism IS a good thing.

Are you being sarcastic? Not sure that I like your attitude if you are.
No sarcasm. I'd much rather study at a multicultural university as opposed to a monocultural university.

chefman21

HSC
N/A
No sarcasm. I'd much rather study at a multicultural university as opposed to a monocultural university.
Good.... I was gonna say!

The world is only going to get smaller in the future so having a background from a multicultural univeristy can only be a good thing. Mind you, there is some pretty narrow minded people around on here.

oly1991

HSC
Hey sorry for this off-topic question...but:

i put HECS as my form of payment, however, i am still confused as to how much i am expected to pay after 3 years. i read that student contribution thingy on the UNSW website but i still dont understand. could someone help?

bronte__

HSC
ok so i dunno im prob gonna stay in sydney...

but i really need to no the pros and cons between unsw and usyd

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
If UNSW is closer, then go with that. If you were thinking about majoring in Economics then definitely go with UNSW. If you want to do Accounting then you're going to want to transfer to UTS's Accounting Cadetship program. Otherwise, there's virtually no difference between UNSW's and USyd's Commerce degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)