B Commerce (international) (2 Viewers)

emin3m26

HSC
What is everyone's opinion about this new course?

I put it as my first preference, since it's a great combination of what I wanna do (i.e. commerce, a bit of language studies, and a yr overseas).

But the problem is, I wanna do Actuarial Studies as my commerce major.
After reading other members saying how you have to fully focus on it to even pass, is it a better idea to just do a straight 3-yr BCom? and forget about the language and overseas bit

Affinity

HSC
International should be good. The thing about fully focus just to pass only applies to part of those whose main motivation is money.

On the other hand you can always study a language outside the degree and go on exchange on a regular B.Com

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Sh*t degree, Sh*t uni.

Sh*t thread. Lock and/or delete.

If you really wanted to learn a language and travel overseas you'd do commerce liberal studies and apply for the exchange program, not this mickey mouse one.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you got the right idea there mate, but for the asian kids unsw isnt such a bad place. you dont HAVE to do the extra year for the parenthesis at the end of a standard business degree. you can go on exchange any time you like, you can even take a language as a co-major doing straight com..

if you wanna do actuary however, the extra year at uni will help because you have to do your part II subjects, but you're better off doing com/sci because you can sub some actl subjects for some math subjects.

HSC
you can major in a language too begin with? i never heard of this international one, it sounds pretty cool though. i would of probably taken it, i might move back too europe after im done with my commerce degree and honours

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
wats an approx uai cutoff for this new course ?

konstantine'

HSC
well but its a new course so not everyone would know about it ... but high 90s is definitely possible and probable.

karoooh

HSC
30? Where'd you get the info from? :(

How many would there be for Economics (Liberal Studies)?

konstantine'

HSC
karoooh said:
30? Where'd you get the info from? :(

How many would there be for Economics (Liberal Studies)?
my friend emailed unsw directly and they told her. im not sure about eco (lib studies) though. you can always contact them yourself.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yep, with a gpa between credit and distinction and unsw law site says a uai of at least 96 to go with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)