b communication-journalism (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think you should go there and have a look. I think living in the country would be really fun if you had lived in the city all your life, just as it's fun to move to the city if you are a country girl.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Ok, cool.. I just booked to get a tour of the campus for this Thursday. Three hour drive!! Shit. But it should be good in helping me decide.

jizmiester

dudes...you should not worry about moving to the country... i mean, i once had a country girl explain bathurst to me by saying "Bathurst is the country wrapped in bubble wrap, because the campus is filled with so many sydneysiders"

Bex will vouch for me on this one...i am quite possibly one of the biggest sydney boys i know! and im far from the flanny shirts and akubra hats!

And think about it, its only 2.5hr drive! the first term i went back to sydney EVERY WEEKEND!!! in second term every 2nd or 3rd just cos i was havin too much fun! Any one wants any more advice on this or the Journalism course just PM me...

more then happy to help, this forum helped my so much wen i had to make the same decision as all of you :)

magpie2004

Hey im sort of unsure whether or no to go to CSU but u guys sound pretty convincing! I got a letter the other day with the application form and essays i have to write and I'm pretty lucky coz i have done some proper work experience (though i can make others up!). But i've applied for the journalism/ human movement degree, which is bascially sports journalism. Does anyone out there do this?

Fro

HSC
Hey magpie,
I know a few people who do this course and they reckon its tops. As mentioned before, CSU has the best reputation for communication degrees... and im pretty darn sure that this applies to the sports journo course too.
In first year most comms do the same subjects for majority of the year, its not really till the second year that you split up. You meet lots of top people and have an awesome time!
The essays arent really that hard and im sure your work experience will come in handy!
Good luck and i hope you make the right decision...
Hope to see you in O Week next year
Peace out
Fro

jizmiester

maggie....

i guess i do half of that degree so i have some obligation to reply...
its a great course... us communication students have a bit of a reputation to be bludgy uni bar piss heads just because we go for extended extended periods of no work...

umm...first year subjects are piss boring... i wont deny that... but thats cool... just spend the entire year drunk (worked for me and im still coming back for more)

second year is when you kindof break away from other comm students, choose broadcast or print.... im doing both in my second year (i dont think u can do both with sports journo) but yeah its cool.... lots of hands on prac work...

wanna know anythin else...?

bex

HSC
2nd year com radio/ advertising is slave labour! you spend a mandatpry 20hours down at b rock doing their jobs (writing ads, organising promos, logging traffic) and not getting paid.. and at the end of the day, the boss comes and says.. are you the new work experience kid? i didnt know you were here! (that happened to me every time i went down there without fail) eh...

not to mention the adv subjects.. generating media plans and organising creative brand strategies just so the people from telstra can rip you off.. ahhhhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)