Ba of Accounting at UTS / Ba of Commerce at USYD (1 Viewer)

v97

HSC
Hi everyone,

I've been offered a spot for the Ba of Accounting Scholarship at UTS ($46,500) which also includes 2 internships and also Ba of Commerce at USYD E12 ($5000). I'm unsure on which one to take. I'm still unsure on which major I will pick yet (most likely marketing) but in the Ba of Accounting obviously I have to do Accounting as one compulsory major.

I've always wanted to go to USYD but the UTS offer is pretty good too. Money aside, I just wanted to hear a few thoughts on the degrees/unis.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you are thinking about majoring in accounting, then I'd take the UTS scholarship offer.

You will be spending a minimum of 3 years, coupled with the fact that you always wanted to go to USYD which makes me think that you should take the second offer, despite it being of lesser monetary value..

Reactions: v97

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
You'll be doing 2 accounting internships - if accounting is not what you want to do then you're going to have a bad and boring time with those.

The accounting scholarship will get you guaranteed work in the accounting industry however you'll find it hard to gain marketing experience when doing those accounting internships plus summer school for acceleration of the degree (they want you to complete it in 3 years).

So the answer is quite clear - will you want to do accounting or will you want to do marketing. normal USYD comm is also a lot more flexible in case you find you don't like either.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd take UTS. Do at least one internship. You feel you don't like it, transfer to Comm with the exp

v97

HSC
I'm not too sure what to major in yet but I wouldn't mind accounting though, but quite a few fair points. Thanks for your input guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)