• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bacelor of Planning (1 Viewer)

nofriends

body*****er.
HSC
Hey is anyone planning on doing this degree at UNSW and can any current students tell me some of the finer details about it?? (Bachelor of Planning). Also are there any prerequisites for this course? cheers...

CMJ

HSC
hey nofriends,

I have completed two years of this degree, and so far I am enjoying the course. Some of the good points of the course are:

- not a huge class size ~45 people and you all do most of your classes together
- field trips, this year we had one 2 night field trip and a few afternoon site visits around Sydney and these were a good thing
- will lead to professional accreditation with the planning institute of australia (PIA)
- has pretty good job prospects and a range of careers available
- the year of work experience is apparently one of the best features

There are no prerequesites at all for this degree, but people who liked design, geogragphy and related subjects at school will like this course.

The degree is 5 years long, but is broken up by a year of work experience in 3rd/4th years. The degree is made up core subjects and these cover a wide range of topics such as economics, theory and practice, development matters, urban design and environmental matters etc. Plus a number of electives are done thoughout in which you can pick anything you like.

If you would like anymore info etc, feel free to pm me.

Cheere, CMJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)