• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts & Production) What do you think? (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
this is my first preference but i'm worried that my inexperience in the film side of things will disadvantage me. i do adv eng, ext 1 and 2 english, maths, ancient hist, bio, chem and sor1. I haven't done any time of film stuff before but i want to do this. Either this or the writing and contemporary cultures one. I think i'd enjoy it. I just don't want to be in a class full of film buffs and feel left out and stupid. Thoughts? Were any of you like me?

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I have friends that do it and they are mad into classic movies and all that stuff, pick your communications major wisely i am doing journalism and not really enjoying it but i think it is quite hard to change

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
m thinking of applying for aforementioned course =) but in advertising or design, however uai are way too high *cry cry* I don’t understand major in lk chinese or jap .. does it mean I have to study other language or sumfin??

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
m thinking of applying for aforementioned course =) but in advertising or design, however uai are way too high *cry cry* I don’t understand major in lk chinese or jap .. does it mean I have to study other language or sumfin??
You don't have to do a foreign language. If you want to do a foreign language you should do a double degree of communications and international studies.

All the media arts people who I know enjoy the media arts part of their course, but most of them hate the compulsory subjects hehe... If you want to get in to that field, its a really good course I've heard.

gaeko

persephone said:
this is my first preference but i'm worried that my inexperience in the film side of things will disadvantage me. i do adv eng, ext 1 and 2 english, maths, ancient hist, bio, chem and sor1. I haven't done any time of film stuff before but i want to do this. Either this or the writing and contemporary cultures one. I think i'd enjoy it. I just don't want to be in a class full of film buffs and feel left out and stupid. Thoughts? Were any of you like me?
I missed out on this course by 0.05

It was my first preference.

ah life's a bitch.

Sam.

bored.
HSC
What were the UAI cutoffs for the last couple of years for this course?

Also, say you missed out on the course by a few UAI points, does anyone know of the best course to try and transfer from etc?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
As far as transferring from another bachelor goes, any UTS communication degree would be good as it would credit you for all of the first year core except your proffessional strand (Media Arts), and would give you 2 semesters of electives credited as well. From other universities, the BA in Media & Communications from UNSW or the BMedia in Multimedia or Screen from MQ would probably give a substantial amount of credit also depending on electives chosen.

If you were talking about from a Diploma, then the Diploma in Communications from INSEARCH or the TAFE Diploma of Screen would be your best shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)