Bachelor of Engineering Diploma in Engineering Practice course (1 Viewer)

margueritefield

HSC
I intend to pursue the Bachelor of Engineering - Diploma in Engineering Practice, which takes 5 years in UTS, as you know. I have to say I have a passion for Science, not Engineering, but since I'm an overseas student, I find it really difficult to adventure my life studying Science in Australia, because as I heard from many sources, there're not enough opportunities for scientists here, it's hard to work in the field after graduate. Plus, because they offer 2-period (12 months) internship in Engineering, which as they said, is guaranteed and compulsory. That's why I wanna go for it.

But as I've just done some research, it's likely that they just provide us one more job advertising tool (I2MS), besides other common websites on the internet such as careerone.com (let's say they're still different, yeah, but that's just that). Because what they said in the Info Session and university website says they have placed over 600 students each year, so it was as if they find the job for us like a recruitment company. But I'm afraid I will have to struggle everyday finding my own internship like in Science, the only difference is I'll struggle with it in the 2nd and 4th year, not after graduating.

So, could anyone who studied or is currently studying this course please give me a confirm about how they have organized to guarantee internship for students, and any extra information about this internship-included course? Is it really promising and worth to go for like it appears to be?

I'd also like to know if we have to pay the tuition fee during the time we do the internship, because they said we didn't have to in the Info Session, but then if we didn't, the 5-year course would cost just the same as the 4-year non-internship course, oh this sounds weird lol...

I'll really appreciate any helps or advices. Thank you in advanced.

Emily

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)