• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Backpacking (1 Viewer)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Pretty keen to explore Europe. Cheapest way is obviously through backpacking, who has done it? Good experience or what?

rozymisty

HSC
When i go to canada i might do a trip to Europe as well.

I picked up a Contiki brochure last week and the travel agent said they are a great thing to do coz you see everything quickly and then you get an idea of the place and can go back by yourself.

Are you interested in working at the same time? That is a good idea, may as well get some dough while your over there, given the exhorberant prices over there.

Id love to go to Salzburg, see where sound of music was filmed hehe. Whole lot of places like Sajergjvo (spelling?) and those places.

if your looking for guide books, apparently BUG books are better than lonely planet, but you may as well get both...

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Zrap said:
Um Eastern to Western.

Just be careful when you're in Eastern Europe.

Beware of:

* Gypsies
* Getting ripped off when you're there because you speak English
* Scams
* especially riding taxis - you can get ripped off

and again....GYPSIES!!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I wouldn't mind doing a contiki of europe. Mum did one back in the old days and had a ball.

So I might do that if I get the cash before the end of uni, or maybe after my first year of teaching.

Otherwise, I'll get some teaching experience in Australia and then go over to England and teach for a year. Use the summer holidays over there to explore Europe.

These are my plans. I must see the entire world.

rozymisty

HSC
THe thing ive heard about teaching over in teh UK though is that most teachers get the really really bad schools ....but of course some schools are good. Just thought i might give you that tip.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah, dad went to school there and he told me that they can be shocking. Also it's cold, crowded, expensive, wet etc.

However, first year teachers in Australia tend to go to hard-to-staff schools anyway. It'll be experience, and I'll be earning enough money to see Europe in the holidays.

But we'll see. I've realised that I'll have to leave my precious lorikeet at home and I might not be able to bear that.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
scarybunny said:
Yeah, dad went to school there and he told me that they can be shocking. Also it's cold, crowded, expensive, wet etc.

However, first year teachers in Australia tend to go to hard-to-staff schools anyway. It'll be experience, and I'll be earning enough money to see Europe in the holidays.

But we'll see. I've realised that I'll have to leave my precious lorikeet at home and I might not be able to bear that.

Just go teach in France, lovely French guys to molest with. :D

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I could drive to France on weekends.

That's so awesome.

I speak a little bit of french. Enough to ask for 2 loaves of chocolate bread please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)