band 5 or 6 in Modern!! (1 Viewer)

jess24

HSC
hi all,

i was just wondering whether its hard to get a band 5 or 6 in modern??.... and does it scale well, or should i not worry about scaling!!

thanks

------------------
Advanced English
General Maths
IPT
ITvet
Modern History
Visual Arts

williamc

HSC
I'd say a band 6 would be relatively hard to achieve, you would need to work hard (unless your a freak). You need to know alot of specific details, and write sophistcated and structured essays. I'm pretty sure it doesn't scale at all, like business studies for example. A band 5 is quite easily achieveable with a bit of work.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That would depend on what you would define as hard, what type of student you our and how you perform in exam situations.

williamc

HSC
pritnep said:
That would depend on what you would define as hard, what type of student you our and how you perform in exam situations.
Yer it was a generalised answer to a generalised question. Eiter way, if you put the work in you can achieve your desired results.

kitkatkittyau

HSC
I managed to get a band 5 (a massive surprise to me). You really have to consistantly work hard in this subject. Repreatedly going over your essays fixing them up through the year as well as summary notes on each topic. Its alot of work, but if you enjoy history then you should be fine.

PS: you shouldnt be stressin already about what bands you will get in the HSC its only March.

i hate HSC

Been there done that
HSC
definitely possible. I got 89, so just under a Band 6. You have to really drum all the dates and people into ur brains. I found that study guides really helped. I am selling them now if anyone is keen. I did my HSC in 2002 but all the topics look like they're the same. I've listed the content of the books so u can check it against what ur studying.

Excel HSC Modern History $10
Core Study: World War One and its Aftermath 1914-1921
National Studies:
USA 1898-1941
Russia and the Soviet Union 1917-1945
Germany 1918-1945
International Studies in Peace and Conflict:
The Cold War 1945-1991
Arab-Israel Conflict 1948-1996
Conflict in Indochina 1954-1979
Sample HSC Exam

Excel Revise HSC Modern History Core in a Month $5
World War One and its Aftermath 1914-1921

I live in the Hills Area, sunifra@hotmail.com :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)