Band Cut offs? (1 Viewer)

00iCon

HSC
Who cares

band 5 band 6....

at the end of the day...it'll only be like 1-2 ATAR points...
helps when your trying to get 99.6 and have already considered 5 bonus points :(

astroe

HSC
Dislike the calculations.
Loved the discussions.
Also liked the multiple choice.

I don't know if it might even out. :p

megaman

HSC
I personally liked the middle section over the option- Quanta to Quarks I thought the questions were worded oddly for some of them, though I think I answered everything correctly It took me ages to do it so i ended up rushing the middle section. The middle I felt was good, you had to apply both your knowledge to the stimulus provided, a good test though difficult. I could have done without the million little units conversions however which I probably didnt notice one-which is all it takes- in some of the questions causing my answer to be wrong. MC was hard, I mean I even got the stupid moon one wrong.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I always get astonished by how low the band 6 standard is if what you guys are saying are all correct.

fuller45

HSC
personally i found this test pretty hard because of all the calculations that screwed me. but the thing that pisses me off is that i feel like i wasted a 120 or whatever it is hours learning the physics course. the chances that they did have to test us on our understanding of the content they filled with the rubber band, energy transformations (which i still managed to do wrong lol) and the impact of transistors, all of which arent very good at testing physics understanding.

i think i would have done better in that test if i didn't learn anything all year but practiced using the formulas the day before. i not gunna argue about what we should be tested on, calcs or thoery, but if they start changing all these tests around they should change the syllabus first.

Last edited:

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
In q2q, they had Davison spelt Davidson.
It actually put me off. did not get that question.
I thought it seemed like an easy test, but once again had not studied enough. Was definitely more maths based than others, but I know I got a bunch of working out wrong, because I didnt know how to use some formulas. Overall, not to bad.
I dont think the cut off will change much.

shady145

Banned
HSC
In q2q, they had Davison spelt Davidson.
It actually put me off. did not get that question.
I thought it seemed like an easy test, but once again had not studied enough. Was definitely more maths based than others, but I know I got a bunch of working out wrong, because I didnt know how to use some formulas. Overall, not to bad.
I dont think the cut off will change much.
haha, yea i noticed this and thought i must have been reading the name wrong every time i read it, so i used Davidson instead of davison

00iCon

HSC
What would be the raw mark needed to get a HSC mark of 95+
according to previous years, it seems to be 75-80. The way i see it this year is there are 2 main groups, extreme high achievers and low achievers with not many in between...

boxhunter91

HSC
according to previous years, it seems to be 75-80. The way i see it this year is there are 2 main groups, extreme high achievers and low achievers with not many in between...
You sure the cut off for 90+ is in that range.
95+ would be at least 85 id assume.

berty higgs

HSC
Hey, to get an aligned exam mark of ~93 what raw mark would I need to get?
and what would around 87-90 raw get you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)