• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Banned Pingu Episode (1 Viewer)

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
I remember watching it as a kid. Didn't understand much of what was going on, but then again I didn't really understand much of what was going on in any children's shows. Wasn't quite paying attention to the dialogue, just looking at all the simple colours. :3

The Kaiser

HSC
Ahh, the nostalgia of Pingu... and the annoying nook!nook! (or what ever that squaking sound is) that comes with it. But yeah it was probably banned because of the "graphic depictions of urination" thing.

Australian broadcasting standards are way different from European broadcasting standards, which is why you may see cuts, and edits in many shows that come from other countries. (Yeah it's pretty silly)

bawd

HSC
The Kaiser said:
Ahh, the nostalgia of Pingu... and the annoying nook!nook! (or what ever that squaking sound is) that comes with it. But yeah it was probably banned because of the "graphic depictions of urination" thing.

Australian broadcasting standards are way different from European broadcasting standards, which is why you may see cuts, and edits in many shows that come from other countries. (Yeah it's pretty silly)
It's all a part of the hegemonic process.

EX1 FTW. ;)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I remember that show as a kid, and how boring it was lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)