Battle Of The Brains (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You guys should watch this TV series, its about the Biology olympiaders in yr 11, it also focuses on their schooling follow Joy Thompson in the series she got a UAI of 100 Also Anna from james ruse. Also most of the other people got over 99 in their TER's. Also Heidi from the Saddle Club(for all those fans) made it to nationals and is in the series.

EPISODE 1 Screens on June 15 , 8pm Catalyst, ABC
EPISODE 2 Screens on June 22 , 8pm Catalyst, ABC
EPISODE 3 Screens on June 29, 8pm Catalyst, ABC
EPISODE 4 Screens on July 6, 8pm Catalyst, ABC

http://www.battleofthebrains.com.au/www/index.cfm?ItemID=81

"BATTLE OF THE BRAINS is a documentary series, which tells the story of group of gifted Australian teenagers working towards competing against the best science scholars in the world at the International Science Olympiads.

Each summer school holidays, a small group of elite students choose to live at university for three gruelling weeks to study advanced science. Ranging from 13 to 17 years, these teenagers are amongst the nation’s top science students in physics, chemistry and biology.

A small group of committed educators, scientists and ex-Olympians nurture the top candidates and steer the unfolding drama as the students from around Australia breathe, eat and sleep science.

From more than 1000 students who applied to be part of the Biology Olympiad team, the 24 young Australians who made it to the residential program work their way through the equivalent of a first year university biology course in 16 days at the Australian National University, Canberra.

Only four will be selected from this group to represent our country in the International Biology Olympiad, in Beijing.

They compete against each other in a test of intelligence, perseverance and sheer determination. And when the team finally get to Beijing they face their ultimate challenge- the smartest kids in the world!

The students are both vulnerable and inspiring as they not only let us in on their journey towards the International Biology Olympiad, but also into their lives, realities, dreams and fears.

By watching them strive for their goals, our world opens up, and so do our hearts."

*Fingers crossed* i hope i make nationals, Rants stupid James Ruse people always get in GRRR!!! Stupid uni text book for NQE is 1500 pages ARGH!!!

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
lol heard of that. Good luck Wooz for the NQEs :) Good on you for entering, unlike me who just back away in fear of overkill *cough* :p

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
An entire year of Biology in 16 days? Like, man, that's full on. A trip to Beijing sounds awesome though.

Btw, all the best for you Wooz :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
There's a battle of the brains going on in my year. There's always this one guy who beats us all.

casebash

HSC
Anna is not from Ruse.

There are two people from Ruse on the show - Joy and Domonic. Domonic barely got shown - even Nadasi (Joy's Boyfriend) got more of a showing as did Jono (a guy in the Physics Olympiad who was walking up stairs). Admittedly two other people were invited who refused - Alex and Harry, but this does not compare to the other olympiads where we (ruse) often get at least a 1/4 of the invites.

Good luck to anyone who sits the NQEs for any olympiad. My advice for the science olympiads would be to start learning the university work before the national invitations are given out. When I was involved with the physics olympiad I found, as they said on the show, that I had no time to absorb the facts. Not electricuting the person in charge would also be a good idea.

Last edited:

casebash

HSC
Whats funny about my user name???

BTW if anyone is willing to pay for tutoring from people who have attended olympiad camps, please contact me. Maybe a review session before the olympiad??

casebash

HSC
None taken. Just curious why you think it funny. I suppose if you tried to explain it I wouldn't get it. Always happens when you don't get a joke straight away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)