• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bcom (marketing tourism hospitality management) interviews. (1 Viewer)

LEx290588

JASMYNN
HSC
i have an interview for this course very soon; and just wanted to know if there is anyone else doing this course or got the same interview.

how many ppl are offered a place in this course each year?

is the interview scary? lol

what should i wear? business like clothes (pants, a blouse n heels)? or smart casual (heels, jeans, top)? or just myself ( tshirt jeans?).

is uai important? would i have a chnace if i did really good in the interview.

*thanks.

hey i have an interview 2
they take 45 people each year
u have 2 be drssed formally, like in pants, shirt
you not only have 2 pass the interview but also get the required uai to get into the course.

good luck

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nah you don't have to dress formally, despite what they say. Well thatz what happened last yr anyway.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
There were ppl who dressed casually in the interview, and they got in the course. I wore a suit on a fuckin hot day and the interviewer just wore a shirt, and he said formal dress aren't all that necessary. I can't guarantee that they have the same standardz this yr, if you wanna make sure then give em a call or somethin.

Thanks for that;
hey are u doin the course now?
whats it like, like what do you study and whats the work experiance like?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The course iz changin format from next yr on, so it'll kinda be diff to what I get on the first yr. College part will only take 6 monthz instead of a yr, and you study the 6 core commerce subjectz like all other com dudez. Work experience don't start til 2nd yr so I can't tell you how itz like, but basically itz just that you have to find a job relatin to the industriez and go from there.

I waz a bit disappointed wit the hospitality part, I expected a lot mo thingz about food & bev and instead we studied shit like business communication and shit like that, waste of my money. Best bit about it iz WineFest, unless you got picked in a really shit group, that can only come down to bad luck. :D

DanielleM said:
l got an interview for it too! l actually got myn tmr as l am goin away.
what kind of stuff do they ask you?
good luck, wish ya all the best
hey did anyone actually got an e-mail or letter from them stating the time and location or is it just the timetable on their website

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DanielleM said:
l got an interview for it too! l actually got myn tmr as l am goin away.
what kind of stuff do they ask you?
If you're smart enough fo commerce, then there shouldn't be any probz.

DanielleM

HSC
thanx!
l just got back from the interview.. it wasnt as bad as expected.. he was really impressed with my resume and said "thats what we are looking for" but l dunno we find out on 13th decemeber..
but it kind of sux that it is then based on uai..
like l also have done certificate 2 in tourism and events management would that advantage me? can they still accept you if you dun make the cutt off

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
the cut off for b com(mkt, tourism, hop) is usually lower than normal B com.. you'll be fine.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DanielleM said:
thanx!
l just got back from the interview.. it wasnt as bad as expected.. he was really impressed with my resume and said "thats what we are looking for" but l dunno we find out on 13th decemeber..
but it kind of sux that it is then based on uai..
like l also have done certificate 2 in tourism and events management would that advantage me? can they still accept you if you dun make the cutt off
Don't worry, my friend got in thiz yr wit no interview, he just made the UAI. I don't know how that happened but it did. Interview iz just a walk in the park, just make the UAI cut off and you'll be fine.

Kryx

LMF^^ said:
Don't worry, my friend got in thiz yr wit no interview, he just made the UAI. I don't know how that happened but it did. Interview iz just a walk in the park, just make the UAI cut off and you'll be fine.
I've always been confused about what i wanted to do in uni and just recently i've been taking an interest in hospitality. It's kind of late.. but is it possible to get into this course without the interview? or is there any other alternative uni in sydney that i can go to without having to do an interview? I've looked at UTS, but that requires some sort of tourism course in Tafe. any ideas?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well you must have the UAC guide right.

From what I remember UTS and UNSW are the only uniz in Syd that offer coursez that have somethin to do wit hospitality. You can alwayz try puttin the course in yo preferencez and see if you get an offer.

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
Is there anything that we need to bring with us? I'm so scared, mines tomorrow :'(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)