BCom or BBA (Urgent) (1 Viewer)

boredofhsc12

HSC
I've been trying to decide between BCom and BBA and i've heard that commerce is more specific and thus more likeable for employers but i am not interested in finance/ accounting so is commerce still a good option if you do not like finance or is BBA better as it is more general and provides insights on all sections of the business

Also, (without finance/accounting jobs from BCom) what are the job prospects from both degrees and are there any big differences?

any help would be appreciated :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends what type of role do you actually want in the future? They both lead down different paths but if you're not focused on finance/accounting at all, then maybe BBA is a way out of having to do even the core subjects.

boredofhsc12

HSC
Ideally i would operations management and HR are my highest preferences respectively so would commerce still be a viable option or should i just go for BBA

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Do the course that most appeals to your interests and career aspirations. You could do the BBA and then do a masters in something more specific. I went into uni doing one thing and now I am doing an entirely different course. You have plenty of time to figure it out! :)

Kolmias

HSC
Do commerce. Business admin is the gender studies of business degrees.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Ideally i would operations management and HR are my highest preferences respectively so would commerce still be a viable option or should i just go for BBA
I can't speak to HR careers.

Generally, it would be an advantage to have a information systems degree if you plan to go into an Operations/Delivery career. For a specific industry this may change what you need.

Those in operations often progress their careers into project work. It usually already forms part of normal operations work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)