BComm (Liberal Studies) vs. BComm/BArts (1 Viewer)

plumpudding

HSC
Hey all,

I'm having trouble choosing between BComm(Liberal Studies) and BComm/BArts.

I'm basically interested in a future in the Finance sector, but would really love to study Arts during uni as well. If I do the single Commerce (Liberal Studies) degree, it would only take me 4 years compared to the double BComm/BArts 5 years. I'd love to do Honours in Finance as well.

But then again, Comm/Arts is a double degree and...that looks fancier to employers?

Is there any advice people could offer me :)

lgaica

HSC
im in the exact same position as you (except im going to unsw) i put commliberal studies down cause its 1 year less, the only problem as you pointed out is that it is a single degree instead of a double and that you can only do one extra major instead of two for an arts degree

if after the first year you're not happy ive been told it is very easy to change your degree from liberal to arts or vice versa so you shouldnt have much of a problem

stazi

Nightman
HSC
no a double degree doesn't really look fancier to employers, especially if you're planning to work in finance. i recommend com (lib) as that has no real prerequisites. This will allow you to truly get a liberal education, and couple it with honours, whilst gaining valuable work experience along the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)