Beef stroganoff portion sizes (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
This has been ignored but I think it warrants moar attention from the friendly BoS krew. Note the murmurs of agreeance from the Honourable members.

The Age said:
A contrite Labor MP has apologised unreservedly for using the House of Representatives as a platform to complain about the size of a portion of beef stroganoff served to his wife in the parliamentary cafeteria.

John Murphy, member for the NSW seat of Lowe and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Trade, called for an investigation this week into serving sizes following his wife's dissatisfaction with a beef and rice dish she had ordered for lunch.

His wife had earlier complained to cafeteria staff about at the small amount of hot food available after 7pm.

"My wife was told by cafeteria staff that management had told staff they had been serving big food portions and the manager had instructed them to make the portions smaller," Mr Murphy told Parliament.

"Staff suggested my wife take this up with the cafeteria manager.

"The cafeteria manager insulted my wife by telling her quote, 'if you don't like it bring your own lunch' unquote. He then walked off."

But in a statement issued last night, a penitent Mr Murphy said his "only motive yesterday was to convey to the Speaker feedback I have previously received, I accept that the Parliament is an inappropriate venue in which to do so.

"With many families in my electorate facing cost of living pressures, I accept that the remarks were insensitive and unjustified."

Mr Murphy is on an annual salary of at least $130,000 a year.

"I apologise unreservedly for taking the Parliament's attention away from issues that are of considerable concern to my constituents."

New independent senator Nick Xenophon said politicians had more important things to discuss than a serving of beef stroganoff.

"When the Murray-Darling is in crisis, when the world financial markets are teetering, when pensioners are desperate for an increase, you would think politicians would have something better to talk about,'' he told reporters.

"No wonder we are held in such contempt by so many. I am glad that Mr Murphy has apologised.

"But I am thinking of cooking up some of my octopus pilaf for him in case he goes hungry.''

Labor MP Sharon Bird said MPs should concentrate on the concerns of their communities.

"I think each one of us will do very well to remember that the primary focus, what we should be talking about in this place, in our electorate, to people like yourself, is the concerns of our electorate,'' she said.

The size of cafeteria portions will be considered by a parliamentary committee next week.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/beef-stroganoff-mp-says-sorry-20080918-4j11.html

Won't someone please think of the children?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sounds like a case for BELINDA NEAL

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
make a thread about pension increases

i have an opinion and i want to postit

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I love NSW politics.

We're in great shape for the future!

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
This guy is my friends uncle and even he thinks that this is fucking sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)