Being Rosencrantz or Guildenstern.... (1 Viewer)

Kushteeeee

hey hey i was jsut wondering if anybody could help me.... i have an assessment next week in which i am ros or guil and have to write diary entries, in the context of RAGAD and then Hamlet too...i know diary entries should be one of the easiest things...but then one of the easiest things to do badly too! Is there anything (or sorts of things) in particular i should include, and what should i avoid doing? and the transformation will be the focus and a parallel between the entries i guess... so any insight or nudges in the right direction of doing this well would be really appreciated, thanks!!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
i didnt quite understand - do u have to write a diary entry for eg. Ros, and write the same entry, but in the modern context as well? so basically two entries for one event? or what?

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
We have to write two diary entries for events that happen in 'Hamlet' and then two diary entries that happen in 'Ros and Guil' - the events can be parallel, or they can be seperate...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I never did anything quite like that last year, but I could suggest that u do entries that are parallel, because it makes it much easier to show the transformation, which im assuming u have to do. Remember the underlying concepts of the transformation between the two texts and try to incorporate that into your entries, for example, think of the contexual time/setting, and think of the language used. RAGAD is an absurdist piece, so u could also try to incorporate those ideas to the diary entries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)