Best car under 8k (1 Viewer)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
ive been looking at drive.com n carsguilde, n i figured mx6 are pretty decent. so basically i just want a car dat looks pretty good, which i rekon da mx6 looks pretty slick. but i also want good performance.

i heard nissan SSS goes hard n integras as well. wats ur thoughts.. im pretty nooby wen it comes to cars. oh btw it has to b a manual.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Depends what you want it for... SSSs aren't that great, my friend has one. It get's walked by anything else that's not a riced up small car.

Zozo6969

HSC
decent 1995+ falcon xr6/8 or commodore s/ss can be picked up for that

CieL

HSC
How hard is "hard"?

I've gone head to head with a dc2r and a mx6 before.. dc2r is fine, however the mx6 runs like turd.. but I've only gone up with ONE fully stock [if you dont count a tip n rims] mx6 so I can't say mx6s are all crap in general..

Main problem being that they're pretty old cars and it's obvious they won't run as good as they once did..

However, a dc2r will be wayyyy out of your price range.. and so will the GSi.. but you can possibly get the GSi for your price if it's old [maybe '94 '95] and with high kms [approaching 180,000-200,000]

MR2s are great.. but once again they're getting old too.. my neighbour's mr2 doesn't start up first go 80% of the time.. my friend had a really top condition one, but had to change/downgrade a lot of the modded parts due to being defected.. and after that, his car just fugged up totally.. it got to the point where you HAD to keep revving the car whilst idle otherwise it'd just drop dead.. he got it fixed then sold it..

Considered saving up more for something better?

Oh.. friend got his 100% stock mx6 for $6500 btw..

Pace_T

HSC
8,000 isnt enough to get a car that isnt a shitbox but also not a nugget. either save up a bit more or get a slow car. its simple
mr2s are the worst cars on the planet. my grandma can push a trolley faster than that shoebox..... i remember reading a lot of reviews on the mr2 that were written while it was in production and they kept on coming back to how slow it was, as an every day car too.
i dont really know much about mx6s so i wont comment on those cars but i have some experience with SSSs
theyre are very common, its the new rexy since turbos are banned for p platers nowadays.. its not that slow but when modded it'll obliterate all the cars mentioned so far. take off in a stock SSS is a bit shit but in 3rd+ its a rocket. it'll leave the dc2r behind. i like the light feel of the steering aswell. very flexible car in terms of modding especially with its wheels and cheap to run and repair. i think the ones around the 99~ year model or so are great SSSs although theyre a bit out of your price range.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
yeah if you want power at that price get a falcon or commodore.

have fun paying for fuel ^__^

CieL

HSC
mr_brightside said:
yeah if you want power at that price get a falcon or commodore.

have fun paying for fuel ^__^
Falcon and commodores are pretty fuel efficient................ if you drive like a granny and never rev past 2k rpm..

The first week I drove a BA 4.0L Falcon I wasn't so great at it [hence drove it like a granny] as it was such a large car and it was rental so I didnt want to kill it.. spent around $50 to top it up..

However, as I got used to it and began to thrash it, it started to cost me around $70-80 to top up..

This was back when fuel prices were a blimey 125-135c/L.. but it did still run cheaper than my Euro which I remember costed me a whopping $86 to fill up as it ran on premium only and I only fill up with 98RON.

Speaking of v6s.. didnt Schoolies_2004 or whatever buy a v6 Camry for around $8600? And he claims it runs around mid 8s.. if that goes hard enough for you..

EDIT:
Note: Costs to fill up aren't exactly accurate as I never use it till it's at empty.. and the tank sizes are different.. and take into account the differences in Unleaded and Premium..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)