best place to get bags - ready for uni (2 Viewers)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Try travel stores, you'll find tonnes in Pitt St Mall.

If you have a laptop think about getting one of the stealth laptop bags (look like ordinary backpacks/shoulder bags). These can be found at most large computer stores, as well as Apple Centres.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I got my kickarse bag from the newsagent at the uni for cheap:)

is a roflcopter
HSC
paul's warehouse?
they are pretty cheap

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I found a cool bag at Market City, and now I wish I had bought it.... maybe it will still be there when I move to Sydney in three weeks lol....

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
For 'cool' bags, go to surf shops, for pretty high quality ones try a bag shop such as strandbags or ones that sell luggage, or for cheap ones try places like kmart and big w (you can still get nice ones there, just not paying for the expensive label-however, many are pretty dodgy style-wise)

Leanne

HSC
are the type of bags ur looking for- shoulder bags??? i'm going to the city today....but i'm finding it soo hard to find nice ones that would fit a 5 subject a4 book.....cos i figured i probably wont need many textbooks if any..and i could always carry them....

strawberry

that's so very true!! I went to westfield in Burwood, Hurstville, city (a couple of wks ago), roseland...

all the pretty bags are so small it's only possible to fit mobile and wallet and other accesorries like MD...etc

and those big bags that can fit books are so unfashionable

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
try getting a backpack, you can get some really[i/] nice ones that will fit an a4 book

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
apparently most people do
and you dont have to get the huge chunky arsed nerdy ones that sit a kilometer off your back, i got a really nice one that will fit everything i need yet is still small and fashionable

strawberry

heapz of people get backpacks

trust me...we're not the only yr of new uni people that have worried about this

everyone wants to look good, but in the end like what hipsta_jess said - there are some nice backpacks out there...it'll just take some time to find

i've made up my mind...i'll get a shoulder bag and i'll just use the backpack that i've had for ages...it doesn't look ugly but it doesn't stand out as "wow, i've gotta get one!"

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Just go down to your local Surf Shop and choose a bag. There are so many of them and most of them look fine:).

kouri

well w t f
HSC
well . i'm going to be cheap, and use my highschool bag.
what the hell. or any bag i can take from my sis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)