• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best way to keep notes? (1 Viewer)

Dan1995420

HSC
Hey guys, I'm new to this forums.
A quick introduction:
My name is Daniel and I'm currently partaking the HSC course and I will be asking for past student or expert advice throughout the next year or so.
If successful, and I hope I will be successful, I will be giving my own advice when I go into university.

On topic:
I'm doing the HSC course and it's important and I want to do the best possible.

How did you keep your notes? What do you think is the best way to keep your notes? How do you try and remember them and did it work?

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated, thanks.

Aysce

HSC
How did you keep your notes?

I hand wrote mine, retyped a more concise version on my laptop and printed them to be kept into an organised portfolio.

What do you think is the best way to keep your notes?

Keep them in separate portfolios to avoid them from being mixed with other subjects. Trust me, it's really annoying to re-sort them when mixture occurs.

How do you try and remember them and did it work?

I tried to look at the broader concept so I took more of an understanding approach rather than a rote learning approach. Although, I just frequently read over my notes on a daily basis so it helped me to retain information in the long term. Yes I found it to be effective. I also retyped a concise version of my written notes so in a sense I was reinforcing the information I had recently revised.

Feel free to PM regarding any issues :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)