Bienvenue (tardif!) au forum français, les 2006eurs! Please read first :D (1 Viewer)

Which course(s) are you doing? (06ers only!)

• Extension only (Marius et Jeannette).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extension only (Au revoir les enfants).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chepas

HSC
Je souhaite un bienvenue (un peu tardif!) a` la classe de français de 2006!!!

Once again, welcome to the French forum!

First and foremost, good luck with your studies, even if almost half the year is over! Little introduction: I'm the one they call chepas. I did the HSC in 2004 for Continuers and Extension. Effective immediately I have decided to resign as the moderator of the French forum as, nowadays with other things, I simply cannot fully commit to the tasks of a moderator. However, I still hope to be around as often as I can to continue to help you if you have questions about any of the French HSC courses.

This thread is just a bit of an introduction to the French forum and has a number of links that already have answers to questions you may have, so have a read before you post ;).

Some important threads

- There are many threads already here to serve you with your quest for info. So before posting a new thread you can do a search of the forum by clicking on "Search This Forum" at the top right-hand corner of this message and see what it brings. You never know what you might find! If you can't find it, please don't hesitate to ask in a new topic.

- The main thread here is the Parlons-nous le français ici! (sic) - the thread where you talk about anything. Here, the conversation is in French, so it sort of justifies its spammy nature, heh :rolleyes:. It's also good for the writing task I found, as it can help with those writing tasks where you're asked to write a series of emails etc, informal style... So, voila`! Also a good casual environment to practice your French. Also, it would be appreciated if we kept all and any conversation in that thread, as sometimes the info/resource threads do tend to get carried away into an Abyss of Tangents and Conversation. Cheers.

- Some of the more commonly looked-at threads are about French slang and argot, which is a big bonus for writing tasks. Click here for one thread on it, and here for another especially dedicated to people's finds and vocab of argot.

- Tutoring: Some people have put their services available up for tutoring. Here are there details:
Sammy_b (BOS): Tutoring for Beginners. More info see this thread.
micheline (BOS): General tutoring (not specifically for NSW HSC) Click here

- Past Papers: Also there also a lot of requests for various different school's Past Papers, which you'll really want when the HSC looms over your head. Many people's offerings and offers to send papers to you can be found in a number of existing threads. Click here for one which so far caters only to Continuers, jusqu'a` présent, but feel free to add stuff to it! Practice, practice, practice is our mantra, so here are some practice Continuers' questions from malkin86, really good. Another one for some Beginners' papers but not many at the moment - but it is forever growing. Here's another thread about the reading comprehension for Continuers. Interesting hardships...

- I have a personal site with some French stuff, for Beginners and Continuers, that I update every so often with new stuff as I get it. http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/chepas/frcont2004/ohstrial.html is the link.

- Speaking: A great fear among all of us, at some point along our Francophone journey or other. First, here's a link for Extension speaking, past questions, a speaking tips sheet. Passez-y donc un coup d'oeil! Here is a thread where we've expressed various stresses over the Extension exam.

- Listening: Here's a link of a thread with some links for listening that might be helpful, wonderful internet sources. For some tips on how to tackle the listeninghere's another link to another thread.

- Extension: There are already some threads about Marius et Jeannette. Number One, Number Two.

- Entertainment: Click here for discussion about French movies, and here's another old one. For music, here's one about that right here.

Alors, amusez-vous bien mes amis!

Amitiés,
chepas :D.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)