• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Big W Interview - Longer then usual (1 Viewer)

TheDmac

HSC
I've done a few Woolworths interviews before (Safeway and Big W) and they've all gone for about 45mins max, althought they say 1 hour or so in the e-mail.

But this one i got invited to seems massive.

The entire process will take approximately 2 hours. During this time, you will cover
  • Three activities — which you will be working individually, in pairs, and in small groups.
  • The final part of the process is a short one-on-one interview.
Since when did they go so damn long? Have they recently changed it, or will there just be a hell of a lot of people there or something. Normally the ones i've done are 10 or so people, except for one Big W one with 15-20 people.

Last edited:

snowbro

HSC
Yeah, my friend had something similar last month for nightfill at local woolies

Group interview had three activities with all managers watching and taking notes at the side and being their usual prick selves

First was working in pairs to ask questions off a list and then introduce the other person
Second was scenario cards, groups of three with one nominated speaker from the three, a combination of OH&S and customer service
Third was finally an test for literacy and numeracy

And the contestants going through to the next round will have a one-on-two interview where you'll be asked irrelevant questions to draw adverse inference upon with the more-than-apt manager-detectives.

Coles in comparison is..
Submit app on central HR site, Be shortlisted, Called in for interview
You are basically hired at that point

Which explains why you sometimes see a lot of indians working at Coles..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)