Billy Blue? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

♥♥♥Love

HSC
Is it hard to get into the associate degree in Comm Design???
How do I impress the interviewer???

Skool report? Wk experience? Portfilio? CV? What do I need???

AND...

Anyone know how many hrs attend per day/ wk in the associate degree?

Thanks alot :)

maninventedmeh

HSC
♥♥♥Love said:

AND...

I got a scholarship... so I will be doing it next year.... but that doesn't mean I know how to get in... they asked me to join!

Its about 15 hours a week (Me thinks spread over Mon to Wed) in class work and they expect you to do 10-15 hours study outside (they implied you stay there and work), so you're looking at 30 hours minimum study.

To get into the course they need a portfolio of around 6-10 pieces, a school report and, being associate degree, your HSC (or equivalent). I'd would suggest you list relevant work experience/ awards/ training. Also, from what I gathered when I visited them, they appear to look for those who seem to know what they're doing and actually want a career, not time wasters (although you should hardly be wasting your time with those fees!).

The comm. des. plan they explained was really promising and looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I hope this helped... maybe I will see you there!

peace

PiCaPYe

HSC
Im doing the associate degree for communication design in 2008. You need to apply then they will call u in for an interview... I had alot of lead pencil drawings in my portfolio, as well as some mixed media like watercolours/ink etc, some photos which I had photoshopped and a photo of the yearbook cover I designed.
This course is 16 hours a week.
They have all this information on their website, or you can get them to email a prospectus to you... they also have people u can email on their site... dont worry they dont bite :p

Hope this helped!

tox

HSC
I got offered a place too. I had heard a lot of good things about Billy Blue and expected with my minimal expertise they would mull over accepting me. But they offered me a place on the spot after looking at a few things I did, and the letter asking me to place a deposit on one unit and tools came immediately. Thats over $8000 deposit.

Considering how quickly I got in and was sent a letter, I suspect they just accept everyone and whoever pays first gets a place. I'm not going to accept anymore. I'm doing the same course - visual communication - at UTS hopefully. If not, industrial design.

jeh07

I OWN YOU.
HSC
I shall be there!.. In 2010 that is.. :) Taking the year off to save up, work up my skills and live my life before going back to school. Should be good. (Y)

guava5

HSC
maninventedmeh said:
I got a scholarship... so I will be doing it next year.... but that doesn't mean I know how to get in... they asked me to join!

Its about 15 hours a week (Me thinks spread over Mon to Wed) in class work and they expect you to do 10-15 hours study outside (they implied you stay there and work), so you're looking at 30 hours minimum study.

To get into the course they need a portfolio of around 6-10 pieces, a school report and, being associate degree, your HSC (or equivalent). I'd would suggest you list relevant work experience/ awards/ training. Also, from what I gathered when I visited them, they appear to look for those who seem to know what they're doing and actually want a career, not time wasters (although you should hardly be wasting your time with those fees!).

The comm. des. plan they explained was really promising and looks like it will be a lot of fun.

I hope this helped... maybe I will see you there!

peace

oh sweett.. how dyou get the scholarship? is it through the competition they held around september?
do you know what the standard quality of portfolio works they're looking for is like?

cheers, and congrats in getting in! :party:

elisa928

HSC

AND...

heyy im thinking of going ther too
all you need is a 60 or over UAI u alos need 6-10 pieces of work u need to show em

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)