Biology experiments (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
How could I prepare for the questions that ask about experiments and the experiment techniques in the forthcoming HSC exam?

Starlette

HSC
read over your pract book??

Re - write your pract book including the conclusion, evaluation and precuations?

I dunno...

braindead

HSC
they hav very similar questions each yr, for ur option noe ur experiments bac to front. noe how to justify procedure, noe all the varibles, make small summaries for each prac and diagrams are always asked for. dont gamble, lern ALL ur pracs, no matter how insignificant u think they r.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
agreed

hopefully your prac book should be up to date. just read through that, know the risks for each prac and you should be fine.

leilou70

They also often ask about procedures that you could have taken out in the pracs to make them more effective etc...

I hate those questions.

But yeah, they don't vary much.

s2ophie

HSC
know what the dependent variables and independent variables are, what could you improve, are the results valid?, are they reliable? what are the safety concerns,etc etc

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by young_gurl
what are dependant and independant variables how do u apply that to an experiemnet?
The independant variable is basically what you change around in your experiment... the dependant variable is what is affected by the changing of the independant variable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)