Biology practical assessment task! Mab (1 Viewer)

dongtamfp

HSC
N/A
My school decides to make this practical assessment 30% and i have no idea what they're gonna throw at us. Has anyone done this practical yet? could you give me some ideas on what they'll test us on?

moocow920

HSC
Have you done any pracs from maintaining a balance yet? I just did 'perform a first hand investigation to demonstrate the effect of dissolved carbon dioxide on the pH of water' for our assessment last week

HSC
I was tested on the Carbon Dioxide pH experiment where you blow into a straw and into the water with uni indicator, Drawing Xylem and Phloem and Estimating the size of a pollen grain using the microscope and calculating. They love to give you Xylem and Phloem to draw at longitudinal sections and I'd say that's one of the things you'll be tested on. They may throw something in about the kidney, like naming the certain parts and functions?

starshine02

HSC
I did my practical last assessments but I had to do the effect of a change in substrate concentration on the activity of an enzyme. There were also a few questions based on homeostasis as well I think.

RiFiPi

HSC
If it's a practical worth 30% then I'd assume it's something large and that's most likely going to be 'assess the effect of substrate concentration, pH and temperature on the activity of enzymes'.
There's the enzyme that is in the liver, and you have to cut up a bit of liver and put it in a test tube and put other stuff with it. It could be a specific enzyme or an unspecified enzyme and you have to work out its optimal range.
That's what I'd be betting on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)