Biology problems (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi ppl, i will be going in yr 11 next yr.i have chosen biology 4 next yr. do u's think its an interesting subject?? does most of it revolve around Australaian flora n fauna?? b'cause i am more interested in legal studies but decided to choose biology b'cause i have more resources for bio 4 yr 11 and yr 12. do u's i have done da right thing?

give views on my decision and this subject bio.

reply asap

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
ahaha is it there? .. ahaha oh yeah it is :p
heya lil one, no cross posting ;)

but i'll do a quickie explanation here
i do biology and i absolutely love it :)
yes the year 11 syllabus is full of australian stuff. though when you reach HSC year, you start to get more in depth with not necesarliy australian, but more over everythiing. the past year 12 students have told me the HSC course is way better than the prelim one. if you have the resources, then use them. However you should chose the subjects based on what you think you will like and will be interested in. its not always about picking subs you have resources too. you can a million resources to the subject and still do shit because you dont like it. i obviuosly dont do legal, but i think each and every subject has its own good stuff in it. i know my friends enjoy leagal but complain about the amount of essays they have to write and the amount of theory that gets piled on for them- i think thats the only crap thing about legal, the essays and remebering things. i mean for biology, i think its easy to study for it because you have a pictorial representation of everything. and there are no essays-but i can tell you, there is a lot to remember in the course. but i enjoy it. thats all that matters :) it also what other subs you are doing and also, if you intend to pick up any fiurther extension subjects and your assumed knowlegde and prerequisites for the course you want to get into uni. hope your decision goes well ;) and tell us what you decide to chose in the end :)
-cheers

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have just started prelim Biology and l have done the first module and l really like it.

We are focusing on how animals and plants interact with each other and their environment, and we went on an overnight excursion and l got the top marks :) (sorry that isn't relevant but l'm really happy about it!)

It is really easy at the moment, but memorising is vital (so l have heard). Welcome to the wonderful world of Biology :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Misturi are you doing an accelerated course of are do you go to one of those weird schools that do things like the prelimary in one year then another course the next.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
accelerated in biology only?
If she accelerated in biology why would she just be starting the prelim course?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Sorry about not replying sooner.

I accelerate in "focus studies" These are subjects which are not English or Maths. So, no Biology isn't the only subject l accelerate in. I have also accelerated in Chemistry (finished last year) and as well as Biology this year l am also doing Hospitality.

I am in year 12 doing prelim biology and hospitality.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
So you wont finish until 2005 or are you doing both the prelim and HSC course in one year?

mayhemily

HSC
@clever angel

I do both legal studies and bio and I really recommend that you go for the one you have the most interest in. I personally find them fairly equal in the degree of hardness - also the resources for bio aren't really that great because some of the syllabus is based on recent research that is hard to find documented. So if u are more interested in legal i suggest u do that - although unlike bio its not a prerequisite for uni courses.

anyway dont stress about it because if u start bio and find out it wasn't what you expected you can always change to legal :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)