• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

birthday letters help! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
hi, i've broswed other threads but couldn't find anything relating to ted hughes birthday letters and the supplementary materials.
for the trials i used plath poems but our teacher said that if we do plath we need to go into alot of detail. so i was wondering if anyone had anyother good materials for me to use..

thanks

Rahul

Dead Member
umm.....how about using plath's journals and letters? thats what our school is using.

the poems can be directly related to hughes' poems. and the letters act as a resembelence to the real truth

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, we were given half a dozen or so of plaths poems and we went thru them in class..
like, other supp material would be ok i guess, but when you think that your doing ted hughes, the most obvious (and in my opinion, best) supp material to use is sylvia plath, as it is the perfect way of showing two sides of truth and stuff.

littlebinzy

Our teacher pointed out that a) a lot of people who do Hughes will immediatly do plath too and therefore you're less likely to stand out and b) that you're kind of limiting the scope of your argument.

That said, I'm sure you could do well with plath's stuff.

HSC
N/A
Isn't there a thread on Birthday Letters Supplementary texts in the Module C subforum? Might want to check there if you haven't already. I used "To Kill A Mockingbird".

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Do you people not check the original post date? Its two years since our cohort worried about this kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)