Bismarck (1 Viewer)

M

MrBLuEyEs

Hey i was wondering if any1 else was doing Bismarck and the study of The Unification of the German States, because i was wondering if you knew of any articles or resources i could use for an assignment i have to do.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
theres a song about sinking the bismark...it used to be a fave of mine when i was little
*random useless peice of trivia*

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
we did bismarck and the unification last year. i can't really remember any thing that was particulary useful although the net is always good

M

MrBLuEyEs

hey Tenille, this helps heaps, thanks a lot for the links, im very grateful.

M

MrBLuEyEs

Hey i showed my assignment to my m history teacher and he said i had addressed every point in exquisite detail, except for one minor one, and this point is

Asseses impact of Bismarckian foreign policy on later tensions leading up to WW1.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one, it's not really that hard, it's just i can't find much information on it. So if anyone could help that would be great.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
i have a few points but i don't know how much help that they will be.
* Germany became the strongest military state in Europe.
* after the humiliating defeat of France in the Franco-Prussian war, the bitterness between France and Germany would eventually influence the outbreak of WW1.

thats all i can find right now sorry. someone else wll probably have it :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You know all the stuff about challenging Britain and getting some colonies? To become a big power as well... that sort of thing...

I think it's mostly to do with their expansionist policies and also their massive shipbuilding programmes...

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Tenille

* Germany became the strongest military state in Europe.
* after the humiliating defeat of France in the Franco-Prussian war, the bitterness between France and Germany would eventually influence the outbreak of WW1.
Yeah.. The French cessation of Alsace-Lorraine fuelled a resentment that would eventually culminate in the First World War.

Bismarck's chancellorship (1871-1890) also saw the beginnings of colonial expansion (weltpolitik), and the signing of the 'Three Emperors' League' between Germany, Russia and Austro-Hungary. This diplomatic policy would be reversed following the accession of Kaiser Wilhelm II, alienating the Russians and leading to France and Russia forming an alliance. Additionally, you could argue that Bismarck's policy marked the beginning of the formation of the 'Triple Entente' and 'Triple Alliance' blocs.

M

MrBLuEyEs

hey thanks again ppl, i was just wondering if u could have a look at my assignment, and could u plz tell me if it is any good??
And for the impact of bismarckian foreign policy question how much detail do u think i should go into??

keenbeen

HSC
does any1 know anything about Bismarck being a machiavellian, and any historian giving reference to tht??? ive got almost everything else tht i need 2 kno ready.

cheers:karate:

ccc123

HSC
MrBLuEyEs said:
Hey i was wondering if any1 else was doing Bismarck and the study of The Unification of the German States, because i was wondering if you knew of any articles or resources i could use for an assignment i have to do.

Hey, i did Bismarck last year. PM me if you want notes/essays or help with anything.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Probabaly finished the HSC by now, by at least 3 years the OP has :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)