• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Blood typing, (1 Viewer)

Shadowulf

HSC
Comparing Blood Typing in Japan and Australia, need everyones help

Well im not in high school anymore, but since i need to gather as many answers as possible, i guess ill use these forums, anyone with the time plz help out

ok, so for a brief outline, im writing an essay comparing the thoughts about blood types in japan and australia, and ive asked some japanese people to answer the questions(im currently studying in japan), i just need some aussies to answer the question for me and i can compare them

NOTE: by aussies, i just mean brought up in australia

NOTE2: even if you dont know your blood type, please try to answer the questions, if theres any parts of the questions that you dont know anything about, its ok to leave it blank. a lot of the questions i myself would have left blank before i learnt about the popularity of bloodtypes in japan

NOTE3: if youre talking to any of your friends on MSN and they seem bored, please ask them to answer these questions

so heres the questions:

1. Do you know your Blood type?
1.i.) If so, what is it? What age and where (hospital, pathologist, etc) did you have your first blood test?

1.ii) If not, have you ever had any problems to do with not knowing your blood type?

2. Do you imagine any stereotypical characteristics that have to do with each/any of the blood types?(e.g A type people are particular about stuff etc)
If so, please explain them.(DO NOT SEARCH IT UP TO ANSWER, if youre going to search it up, do it AFER youve answered please, or just leave it blank and search it)

3. You (1. Often read / 2. Sometimes Read / 3. Don't read much / 4. Don't read at all) Blood type horoscopes and related books. (5. What's a bloodtype horoscope?!)
3.i) If so, how much of the content do you usually believe in?

4. Do you think it is better for everyone to know their own blood type? Why/Why not?

If you have any other beliefs to do with blood typing, dont hesitate to include it

Thanks for the time

if theres anyone interested in how different the siginificance of blood types is in japan compared to australia, PM me and i will try to get back to you as soon as i have enough answers, maybe make a thread about it if theres a lot of people seem interested

Last edited:

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
Re: Comparing Blood Typing in Japan and Australia, need everyones help

Well im not in high school anymore, but since i need to gather as many answers as possible, i guess ill use these forums, anyone with the time plz help out

ok, so for a brief outline, im writing an essay comparing the thoughts about blood types in japan and australia, and ive asked some japanese people to answer the questions(im currently studying in japan), i just need some aussies to answer the question for me and i can compare them

NOTE: by aussies, i just mean brought up in australia

NOTE2: even if you dont know your blood type, please try to answer the questions, if theres any parts of the questions that you dont know anything about, its ok to leave it blank. a lot of the questions i myself would have left blank before i learnt about the popularity of bloodtypes in japan

NOTE3: if youre talking to any of your friends on MSN and they seem bored, please ask them to answer these questions

so heres the questions:

1.i.) If so, what is it? What age and where (hospital, pathologist, etc) did you have your first blood test?

1.ii) If not, have you ever had any problems to do with not knowing your blood type?

2. Do you imagine any stereotypical characteristics that have to do with each/any of the blood types?(e.g A type people are particular about stuff etc)
If so, please explain them.(DO NOT SEARCH IT UP TO ANSWER, if youre going to search it up, do it AFER youve answered please, or just leave it blank and search it)

3. You (1. Often read / 2. Sometimes Read / 3. Don't read much / 4. Don't read at all) Blood type horoscopes and related books. (5. What's a bloodtype horoscope?!)

4. Do you think it is better for everyone to know their own blood type? Why/Why not?

If you have any other beliefs to do with blood typing, dont hesitate to include it

Thanks for the time

if theres anyone interested in how different the siginificance of blood types is in japan compared to australia, PM me and i will try to get back to you as soon as i have enough answers, maybe make a thread about it if theres a lot of people seem interested
Blood type is A poistive, don't know where it was tested but mum told me what it is as i was tested as a child.

Don't believe in any blood type stereotypes

Don't read

Yes everyone should know their blood type.

dinopoke

HSC
Re: Comparing Blood Typing in Japan and Australia, need everyones help

I did once but now I don't remember.

See above. I think I was around 10 when I had my first blood test. It was in the Erindale Medical Centre, Canberra.

Nope. It seems a bit trivial really.

I've heard of some but I don't really remember. They all come from the manga I read. I see Japan have some sort of blood type obsession.

Number 4 (Probably 5?). I've actually never seen one before.

I won't believe in it even if I saw it.

Well it sounds it bit trivial. I don't really know what benefits knowing your blood type might harbor. Although I am actually going to donate my blood on Wednesday so I might know about mine then.

I guess it might be better so you get the edge in trivia and quizzes etc.

-tal-

HSC
yes

O
When I was about 10 at some douglas hanlymoir pathology place

No. Don't judge others on blood type.. of all things.

But have heard of someone being "type a" - apparently the perfect ones who are rich, hot, smart blah blah blah

The Japanese think "type b" people are selfih/wild/cheerful, "type o" people are vain/agreeable, "type ab" are calm but critical, and "type a" people are sensible/uptight/fastidious. (I didn't research.. I just like my Japanese cartoons)

Number 4 (Probably 5?). I've actually never seen one before.

I won't believe in it even if I saw it.

I guess it's better to know rather than not know... could be useful in medical emergencies. Someone might need a blood transfusion somewhere...

greekgun

HSC
Ya

O
Mum told me cuz when i was 3 yrs old i had to have a blood test.

WTF people put stereotypes on anything these days. No i dont believe in stereotypical characteristics that have to do with blood types.

I dont read blood type horoscopes - and didnt even know about them til today.

I wouldnt believe in any horoscopes - their A grade bullshit.

Hell yeah its better for everyone to know their own blood types - it makes doing blood tranfusions alot quicker if u ever need one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)