• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BNW/BR Preparation HELP! (1 Viewer)

oHWHaT.

HSC
N/A
Hello to whoever happens to be reading this.. =]

Ive got a assesssment approaching where im going to have to write a in-class essay on BNW and BR.. i need help on how i could go about preparing for this.. Ive got alot of notes and stuff but i just dont know how i could piece them all together. Ive been reading threads where ppl have said that its easy to prepare for this so any ideas from past or current students who did this module would be great

Thanks in advance

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hey there,

If you already have a batch of notes ready to go...it may be better if you can tell us which direction you plan to go. I.e. Your planned structure of your essay.

Or simpler, the main points you wish to address per paragraph in your essay.

A good approach is to compare both texts at the same time in each paragraph: -

Intro
1st Para: BNW & BR's similar/dissimilar context
2nd Para: Linkage to 1st para, Point 1
etc
etc

Be sure to use this break wisely...because your 2nd semester of Year 12 is going to be pretty rough, unless if you do preps...or if you wish the late-night rushing adrenaline before your assessment/trial exam.

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Very important question.

For my school trials, the boy who got 1st in the In The Wild section (19/20) did it without comparing.

You see, I have it infront of me. He mentions BNW context, the author, then talks about some major issues.

Then he introduces BR, context, says its similar like BNW because its futuristic, then talks about some major issues.

At the end, there is no comparison between the two. How the hell did this kid get 19/20? I am waiting on my response from my english coordinator but I wanted to know if anyone else sees this happen? I went ahead and made my HSC essay this style.... even though the freakin core is a COMPARATIVE STUDY OF TEXTS AND CONTEXTS. grrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)