Board of Studies phone call prohibited item (1 Viewer)

pimp2plz

HSC
I got a call today from the Board of Studies telling me that I brought a prohibited item into a exam and have some meeting thing I must attend. WTF?

Capt Rifle

HSC
Just use the magical phrase after each point, "I understand"... trust me it works.

lucifersguard

HSC
The only explanation is that you cheated by bringing notes in and you accidentally left a note in your exam paper.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
If you'd brought something in, they would've recognised it at the time and prevented you from continuing the exam with it. So unless you do something royally stupid, like left a cheat sheet in there, this trolling post is a waste of everyone's time.

If you did in fact cheat, then you'd better start thinking awfully fast.

pimp2plz

HSC
Cate, i'm 99% sure this isn't true. it's just one of your friends pranking you.
That's what I though but the call came on my mums phone so unless she in the queen of trolls...

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Cate, i'm 99% sure this isn't true. it's just one of your friends pranking you.

both my parents are teachers and senior HSC markers. I just asked them and they confirmed that there is no such thing.
Another troll. Well, firstly a case like this would'nt exist mainly because of two reasons:
1. The BOS supervisors who check you paper and sign your blue form would've found out about this and reported instantly to BOS. This would have resulted in either mark deductions or a big fat 0.
2. BOS does not allow for negotiations to be made if caught cheating, nor do they have time to arrange a one-to-one personal interview. If found cheating, you are penalised on the spot without any sympathy or chance to clear your case.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Not necessarily. If the OP had plagriased an essay written by a tutor and then just regurgitated it in the exam then it wouldn't be picked up until the paper was marked.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Actually the BOS do investigate all such allegations and yes they will do one on one interviews. A couple of years ago a friend of mine had her daughter caught with some notes in her blazer pocket as she left one of the English exams but hadn't actually used them in the exam. This was reported at the time but about four weeks later the mother was contacted and asked to go to the BOS to answer some questions. Penalty was zero for the relevant question in the exam that was on the notes but everything else counted. The friend contacted me because, as a teacher she thought I might be able to give her some advice etc.

pimp2plz

HSC
Just to be sure all plagiarism related things are dealt with at the marking center and do not involve the student, correct?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Just to be sure all plagiarism related things are dealt with at the marking center and do not involve the student, correct?
Depends on the amount of cheating. Lesser amounts of plagiarism (a few paragraphs) are dealt with in marking. If you plagiarise in a major way you are hauled b4 the board of studies.

Last edited:

pimp2plz

HSC
Depends on the amount of cheating. Lesser amounts of plagiarism (a few paragraphs) are dealt with in marking. If you plagiarise in a major way you are hauled b4 the board of studies.
Well the only thing that I might have been considered plagiarism is my creative writing which used someone else's work as a base. Even then only one other person has used that and it was in last years HSC.

:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)