boredom (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
so who else is crazily bored now that uni is over for the year?

me, me!!

i mean, i know i have a strange obsession with bio, but its odd, even for me, to contemplate cracking out the textbook for a bit of light reading.

whats everyone elses plans to prevent death-by-boredom for the next 3ish months?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
whats everyone elses plans to prevent death-by-boredom for the next 3ish months?
two words jess: summer. school. :D

*nerd it up*

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
apart from working
pick up/continue hobbies, learn a musical instrument
but of course... RELAX, the holiday will be over before you get much done anyway :p

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
im going to uni next year and its a huge wait. it is getting a bit boring. just go and see your friends and stuff

Generator

HSC
N/A
I plan on painting my Imperial Army (Warhammer), and I'll keep on reading (nothing in particular). I could try and get another job, but eh, I think that I will just go with the flow and see what happens.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Generator said:
I plan on painting my Imperial Army (Warhammer), and I'll keep on reading (nothing in particular). I could try and get another job, but eh, I think that I will just go with the flow and see what happens.
my cousins are obsessed with painting all those warhammer things .theyre pretty expensive if you get the whole set

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
There's always been something about generator that I couldn't put my finger on, but this must be it. Those warhammer things....
The model war planes used to rule me with an iron fist. I feel for you sir... unless this is some horrible joke, because if it is, i'm not laughing.
Sorry. I'm bored too.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, just for the record, I have been in the process of painting this army for 3 to 4 years :p. I haven't played a game since 2000 (when we all used cardboard), too.

Group gatherings may be an option, but if most of your mates are off on work experience (engineers) or searching for a proper job (graduate)... Fun, in other words. I can't help but think that I tend to be their 'what an idiot/he has no hope' mate, too, but I guess that that's life.

Bushwalking, swimming, other general activities and so on... Last year I became the family cook for a week or two. Anything could be interesting if you happen to be bored out of your mind.

klh

HSC
Look for work.
Read books, as you have done so.
Mydelf, found a new hooby, pool!. Great game.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Summer holidays should be enjoyed!
Unfortunately this is probably my last... :(

saves.the.day

HSC
I was planning to get my gen eds out of the way this summer but I'm just sitting back and taking it easy and looking for some work while I wait for next sem to start.

Anyone else have that mantra after every year or semester "next semester i wont procrastinate! I'll do all my reading and work every week"

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I havn't had time to get bored since uni finished...

i have

1. joined the gym (been going almost everyday) so that takes up my time
2. Work - i'm working 12 hours tommorow
3. I went out today (beach then a BBQ (coz it was my friends birthday so i took today off) saw "SAW" OMG the scariest movie)

other than that i havnt' done anything.. ohh i've played simms 2 a couple of times but i'm bored with that already so my days consist of never being at home unless its to sleep or eat.

These holidays are great!

santaslayer

HSC
1) Took up ice skating..learning from a good friend.

2) Going to HK, Macau, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzheun (cant spell)....on the 19th of this month...yayyy!!!

3) Martial arts lessons on Tuesdays, sometimes wednesdays and sundays...

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i am working lots, i have 2 jobs and have also been fillin in for my mum coz her receptionist is sick. Also doing 6 weeks of work experience, one down, one next week, the rest in february. thats my hols all planned out!

saves.the.day

HSC
absolution* said:
Whats summer school?
Summer school is when you attend courses during the end of year break in uni which runs from about November to March.

People usually take summer courses if they fail one or more subjects during the year and do not wish to repeat these courses again the next year.

You can also take summer courses if you want to shorten your degree but that means your holiday will be shorter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)