Brave New World/ BladeRunner (1 Viewer)

A295

HSC
Ahhhh! English!

We have to do an essay on our comparative study and I'm completely going round in circles.

The question is about portrayals of the individual and the natural world.

I understand that you have to bring in contextual concerns (eg. globalisation with dominating culture, totalitarian regimes) and I understand the examples. It's just expressing it to link to the thesis and essay.
How do you really describe why the composers are concerned without relating it back to "the need to move back to natural rhythms" and " a need for individual rather than community identity". It doesn't seem insightful at all.

Any tips for linking it back insightfully to IN THE WILD???

Thanks for the help in advance.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
A295 said:
Ahhhh! English!

We have to do an essay on our comparative study and I'm completely going round in circles.

The question is about portrayals of the individual and the natural world.

I understand that you have to bring in contextual concerns (eg. globalisation with dominating culture, totalitarian regimes) and I understand the examples. It's just expressing it to link to the thesis and essay.
How do you really describe why the composers are concerned without relating it back to "the need to move back to natural rhythms" and " a need for individual rather than community identity". It doesn't seem insightful at all.

Any tips for linking it back insightfully to IN THE WILD???

Thanks for the help in advance.
I basically structure my BSW/BW essays like this):

Intro (cant be bothered going into detail)

Topic sentance - Ie In BNW and BR, Huxley and Scott represent progress in a materialistic sense as humans have been reduced to commodities.
This is seen in BNW though... (list a bunchy of techniques quotes etc)...... and then... This reflects the increasing consumerist values in the 1920's 1930's blah blah blah.
Likewise in BR Scott reflects the increases in consumerism in the 1970's and 1980's. This is seen through.. (techniques or quotes).

I usually do 3 issues per essay. Depending on what you are talking about in your essay you could also say something like "Huxley was a critic of totalitarianism, and believed that these regimes would lead to a loss of individuality. This is reflected in his text BNW through....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)