Brazil/Africa ?? (1 Viewer)

snowblack

bleh
HSC
Has anyone either been to Brazil or Africa on holiday or while working/voluntary work? (Voluntary like working with the Red Cross or something)
I really want to go and stay for like 2 months in each country but I need info first so discuss all Brazilian/African holiday/work experiences here!

James747

HSC
I come from South Africa and I loved it when I was there, just that we had to leave cuz of the violence. If you do go to South Africa, or really anywhere in Africa, be sure to stay safe and be careful what you do cuz it is really dangerous there.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Yes I agree. They do cost a lot in terms of travel expenses and is relatively hard to get to.

amrodav

HSC
I am planning on going to Ghana (West Africa, along the southern coast) for 2-3 months at the end of this year with the American organisation Global Crossroad.The organisation is legit, seems extremely organised, and the reviews from people all seem positive. And they seem pretty comprehensive with everything they offer - with language and culture programs for 1 or 2 weeks before you start the volunteering, airport pick up, insurance, a coordinator in the country and other stuff. Which all sounds pretty convenient to me.

They have volunteering options in 27 countries (including in Brazil and across Africa there are placements for Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania and Namibia). They have work in Orphanages, teaching English, conservation, animal work, HIV education, building houses and other stuff.

And yes, when you add up all of the expenses it is fairly expensive (and if you were going to 2 different countries consecutively the price would be a lot more). To go for about 10 weeks I am expecting to need about $8000 for the program fee, air fare, vaccinations, visa/passport etc, travel items, spending money and whatever else. That is a rough estimate though.

You should definitely look into the GC site if that is the type of volunteering you think you’re interested in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)