Breakfast (2 Viewers)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I never eat breakfast properly because I can't stomach the thought of food early in the morning. I'm sure there are other people on here who have this, any ideas on food that's easy to get down and keep there? Or on how to get over the "ugh, food, 7am, get away" feeling?

Skeeta

HSC
vegemite toast

Or stick a muslei bar/peice of fruit in your bag, and eat it in the car/train/when you get to uni/school.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
^ what about those up-and-go things? any good? i'm usually alright with liquid when i wake up (ie, tea, juice), i just can't face solid food till like 10 -11am. sometimes i do just wait till i get to uni, it's easier than having a staring contest with a bowl of cereal and ending up giving it to the dog :eek:

Skeeta

HSC
oh dude, thats where you're going wrong. Cereal is made out of pencil shavings. everyone knows that.

Try up&go. A lot of ppl swear by it. TBH, a liquidized breakfast, just wouldnt do it for me (plus, i cant drink milk... so thats out) but i wake up hungry like a wolf. Give them a go

(they're expensive though.. arent they?)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
some people like dairy foods in the morning.

i cant, they make me sick.

i usually cut two pieces of vegemite toast into 8 soldiers and eat them while listening to the radio. then i eat either an orange or an apple, cut into little pieces.

eat while you're doing something else (watching tv, radio, newspaper etc) then you wont be forcing yourself to eat, but rather eating slowly and almost automatically.

the trick is to get yourself to eat before you realise you've eaten.

i know the feeling. just pick a favourite breakfast food and try to enjoy it.

T

trolloutaface

I have a cup of water for breakfast everyday lol. I don't even have dinner, only lunch. hope that's normal... :K

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
4 pieces of toast fruit juice and coffee, then any of them snack bar things or biscuits if we've got them... read news (and maybe bos) while eating.

on the downside u have to get up a bit earlier, but oh well :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Porridge (half milk, half water; maybe less) and a cup of tea.

lol.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I eat muesli with yogurt.

I know, healthy ey. I forced myself to try it and I actually really like it.

But it doesn't matter what I eat for brekkie, I'm always starving by 11am.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
just have something small?
i eat toast if i'm in a rush or maccas either is good.

Last edited:

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I have 2 weetbix and a coffee every morning, I read BoS while I eat because there's noone else up and I don't want to do anything noisy in case I wake people.

As for not being able to consideer food, I haven't actually heard of that before...I'd probably try something like fruit. At least you try to eat when you get to uni, not eating breakfast isn't healthy.

EDIT: I heard somewhere that you should eat within 2 hours of waking up or your body goes into starvation mode and absorbs and stores more fat from the food you eat for the rest of the day.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Lizakith said:
I have 2 weetbix and a coffee every morning, I read BoS while I eat because there's noone else up and I don't want to do anything noisy in case I wake people.

As for not being able to consideer food, I haven't actually heard of that before...I'd probably try something like fruit. At least you try to eat when you get to uni, not eating breakfast isn't healthy.

EDIT: I heard somewhere that you should eat within 2 hours of waking up or your body goes into starvation mode and absorbs and stores more fat from the food you eat for the rest of the day.
The last time you ate was hours ago - hence your body is most likely already in starvation mode. That's why you need to feed your body with the optimum amount of balanced nutrition with the lowest amount of calories, in order to kick start your metabolic rate for the day.

rozymisty

HSC
You do need to eat your breakfast coz that helps start your metabolism for the day. If you cant eat breaky as such, try having a small snack, such as a bit of fruit, and then have 5 other snacks/meals during the day so you dont get that starving feeling.

I always had breaky when lving at home, couldnt stomach weet-bix and so only had toast and that got boring and when i moved out i didnt really bother with breaky. Sometimes doing so would be fine, other times I'd feel sick if I didnt eat breaky. So now I try and eat soemthing, even if its not cereal.

Those up and go things are tasty apparently. I havent tried them coz of the thought that they are weet-bix more muclhed up than they get when they get soggy etc. Try those cereal bars.....they taste nice except they never filled me up.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
trolloutaface said:
I have a cup of water for breakfast everyday lol. I don't even have dinner, only lunch. hope that's normal... :K
no thats not normal. :S

whoo i managed to actually eat a passable brekky this morning. a piece of toast and a cup of tea and half a banana. this was accomplished while watching foreign news and trying to guess what they were saying - the distraction thing does work :) hehe.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Have you tried something like fruit and yogurt? My b/f hates eating breakfast be he enjoys that or museli. You really should try to eat breakfast because it kick starts your metabolism. You will find the more you do it your body will start to feel more like breakfast because it will get used to expecting it, rather than going into starvation mode which is my b/fs prob. Me on the other hand, I'm starving at breakfast so I find it easy to eat but I am always hungry and if I don't eat breakfast I get shakey, grumpy and feel like shit. I confess I should really eat some dairy at breakfast (I usually have two crumpets or some toast or cereal without the milk) but dairy makes me feel sick and bloated...

Last edited:

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
The last time you ate was hours ago - hence your body is most likely already in starvation mode. That's why you need to feed your body with the optimum amount of balanced nutrition with the lowest amount of calories, in order to kick start your metabolic rate for the day.
Good point.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
whoo i managed to actually eat a passable brekky this morning. a piece of toast and a cup of tea and half a banana. this was accomplished while watching foreign news and trying to guess what they were saying - the distraction thing does work :) hehe.
Congrats on breakfast!

Muz4PM

HSC
Well done stomaching breakfast!

If you feel up to it, or indeed anyone else is thinking of what to have for breakfast, I strongly suggest a big old bowl of porridge. I heard that the oats have slow burning energy or something like that in them. This is a positive as it makes you feel full for longer and as such grazing and nibbiling on high calorie foods is minimised.

As for my breakfast, porridge with either a cup of tea or milo so as I can go and go and go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)