Bucket on M4 tonight (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
FML. Was driving on M4 city bound near Silverwater exit when a plastic bucket flew onto the road. Car in front swerved left but by the time I saw it I couldn't because there was a car to my left. Bucket went under car at 90km/h and got jammed between front left wheel and underbody rendering steering dull and unable to control properly. Pulled over to side of road to find yellow bucket jammed there. I tried reversing and pulling on it to no avail. MB would send someone in an hour but I was stuck there. Thanks to the M4 road patrol who then came and managed to get underneath and pull it out. What an evening. Luckily no major damage upon inspection.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I felt like posting about a damn bucket which I was ranting on. Surprisingly no (obvious) damage to the Benz.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I always try to keep a good distance from trucks where there may be even the remote possibility of the load becoming unstuck. A friend of mine had his car written off because something flew out from a truck and basically destroyed the front end of his car (I can't remember what the object was). I've also had weird things fly out the back of trucks towards me a few times (i.e. once two metal poles fell off the truck in front of me but ended up rolling underneath the car without any issues). Sometimes you don't really get a chance to react though.

Dash8

HSC
Nasty....I drove over a tree branch the other day in our Prado which somehow got stuck up between the front left wheel and body of the car....made the most horrendous sound but thankfully there was no damage. Ironic how thats never happened off road but happens driving along a perfectly smooth bitumen road....

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
My mini is very low to the ground, you have to take those little, but high speed bumps very slowly or scraaaaaaaaaape

once this happened, i thought nothing of it. WHen i got back in my car after doing whatever i was doing at westfield, i turned it on and it sounded incredible. That real burbly, harley davidson sound.
Turns out one of the bolts that holds my exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold just fell off. looked under my car and where the exhaust pipe joins up to the engine it was just sitting on the ground.

i had to wait like an hour for it to cool down then i got underneath and tied it up with chicken wire until i could get home + to a mechanic the next day haha whooooooops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)