Business Studies Essay how to write them (1 Viewer)

Mail01

HSC
Hi there,

I was just needing some assistance on how to write an essay for Business Studies. This is for an assignment and i have to include one case study so i have chosen QANTAS, inside it i need to "Analyse the impact external influences have on business'" the main area i need help on, is writing an introduction paragraph and what to include in it.

Thanks in advance for your help

gallen88

HSC
Hi there,

I was just needing some assistance on how to write an essay for Business Studies. This is for an assignment and i have to include one case study so i have chosen QANTAS, inside it i need to "Analyse the impact external influences have on business'" the main area i need help on, is writing an introduction paragraph and what to include in it.

Thanks in advance for your help
Hi,
I do Business Studies as well. I had to do a similar question for the first assessment task only it was: Analyse how (external - Globalisation, CSR, CBC, Environmental Sustainability, etc.) influences of operations contribute to business success. What you need to do for the introduction paragraph is outline what the essay is going to outline. E.G. This essay will analyse the impact external influences have upon a business. You need to outline which external influences are being addressed throughout your essat as well.

Now after that you have two sentences completed for your introduction but what you do next is describe what the impacts are - e.g. increased competitive advantage, improved reputation, increased efficiency of operations, business success, etc. Write two sentences maximum for this. Finally to finish it off you need to state what case study/studies you are using. E.g. The essay will analyse how the influences of Globalisation, Government Policies, Cost Based Competition and Quality Expectations have upon the business Qantas.

If you look at exemplary examples on the resources page or in work books (that have sample responses composed by other students from the previous year in the HSC), you will notice that the introduction is quite short. Do keep in mind you need to answer the question in detail (but also try to be concise) in a 40 minute time limit - 35 minutes if you spend 5 minutes on planning, in the HSC exam. While it's good you want to do well in this assessment and that you want to perfect your introduction, make sure you don't overwrite. Usually introductions are 5 - 6 sentences for Business Studies.

Here is my introduction for my assessment task (I achieved 19/20 and lost a mark due to one of my case study examples being too dated - the teacher was a hard marker). Question: Analyse how (external - Globalisation, CSR, CBC, Environmental Sustainability, etc.) influences of operations contribute to business success.

This essay will analyse how influences on operation contribute to business success. It will analyse the influences Environmental Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, Globalisation and Technology. Business success is defined by a business generating more profit, improving its reputation, improving the quality of the output and reducing costs on operations. Business success is further defined by a business reducing its impact on the environment, increasing efficiency with operations processes and giving back to the community through charitable practices. The essay examines how Globalisation and Technology have contributed to business success at Qantas. It will also highlight how Environmental Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility ensured business success at McDonald’s.

Hope this helped (even though its really late) and all the best.

Mail01

HSC
Hi,
I do Business Studies as well. I had to do a similar question for the first assessment task only it was: Analyse how (external - Globalisation, CSR, CBC, Environmental Sustainability, etc.) influences of operations contribute to business success. What you need to do for the introduction paragraph is outline what the essay is going to outline. E.G. This essay will analyse the impact external influences have upon a business. You need to outline which external influences are being addressed throughout your essat as well.

Now after that you have two sentences completed for your introduction but what you do next is describe what the impacts are - e.g. increased competitive advantage, improved reputation, increased efficiency of operations, business success, etc. Write two sentences maximum for this. Finally to finish it off you need to state what case study/studies you are using. E.g. The essay will analyse how the influences of Globalisation, Government Policies, Cost Based Competition and Quality Expectations have upon the business Qantas.

If you look at exemplary examples on the resources page or in work books (that have sample responses composed by other students from the previous year in the HSC), you will notice that the introduction is quite short. Do keep in mind you need to answer the question in detail (but also try to be concise) in a 40 minute time limit - 35 minutes if you spend 5 minutes on planning, in the HSC exam. While it's good you want to do well in this assessment and that you want to perfect your introduction, make sure you don't overwrite. Usually introductions are 5 - 6 sentences for Business Studies.

Here is my introduction for my assessment task (I achieved 19/20 and lost a mark due to one of my case study examples being too dated - the teacher was a hard marker). Question: Analyse how (external - Globalisation, CSR, CBC, Environmental Sustainability, etc.) influences of operations contribute to business success.

This essay will analyse how influences on operation contribute to business success. It will analyse the influences Environmental Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, Globalisation and Technology. Business success is defined by a business generating more profit, improving its reputation, improving the quality of the output and reducing costs on operations. Business success is further defined by a business reducing its impact on the environment, increasing efficiency with operations processes and giving back to the community through charitable practices. The essay examines how Globalisation and Technology have contributed to business success at Qantas. It will also highlight how Environmental Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility ensured business success at McDonald’s.

Hope this helped (even though its really late) and all the best.
Thanks so much that really helped me alot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)