Buying exam responses back (1 Viewer)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey I was thinking of buying back my exam responses for like tutoring purposes, if you purchase the examination responses does that also include like the mark you got for each question like separately? Or do you have to also purchase the raw marks report?

EMKsquared

HSC
You only receive the paper back, but you can buy a raw marks report which includes everything but if you buy that they also force you to buy a mark check for some reason so it ends up equating to $40ish per subject but abit more for english. BTW if you do buy your results back please send them in to the raw marks database to help future students

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
You only receive the paper back, but you can buy a raw marks report which includes everything but if you buy that they also force you to buy a mark check for some reason so it ends up equating to $40ish per subject but abit more for english. BTW if you do buy your results back please send them in to the raw marks database to help future students
Oh ok yeah I will

sourmilk

HSC
Does anyone know why its so expensive?
Capitalism

And I guess a lot of people would want their results back, and it can cause an uproar for subjective subjects when people compare their answers and stuff.. since BOS doesn't remark.

piethepker

HSC
N/A
Capitalism

And I guess a lot of people would want their results back, and it can cause an uproar for subjective subjects when people compare their answers and stuff.. since BOS doesn't remark.
lol capitalism - fair point though.

Interestingly, on one SMH doc it did mention 11/460 marks were changed. I guess if you increase to account for everyone in the HSC what would you get, around 800-900?

trecex1

HSC
Has anyone confirmed with bostes whether or not you can lose marks if you buy a recheck?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone confirmed with bostes whether or not you can lose marks if you buy a recheck?
You can ring them up if you aren't sure.

Pretty sure that Cem (a history teacher who is on boredostudies) has confirmed that students will not lose marks if they order a recheck and it ends up being lower.

sourmilk

HSC

Interestingly, on one SMH doc it did mention 11/460 marks were changed. I guess if you increase to account for everyone in the HSC what would you get, around 800-900?
I think BOS use clerical checking which is making sure the marks were correctly entered the system, rather than checking the papers again and finding any loose marks straying. I remember that this girl got her marks changed because the skipped a page when adding the marks worth 15. So I don't think you could get any more marks if everything was added up correctly - unless there was an actual error (i.e. skipping marks, misreading answers what not)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah I saw that was actually insane like how is the number even that high on an exam that is seen as so important

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)