Calypso Monoloue (1 Viewer)

3bonyB

HSC
Hey guys,
The character I am playing for my monologue is Calypso/Tia Dalma from pirates of the caribbean. Im about half way through writing it, but now I'm stumped and was wondering if anyone can think of anythin else to add to it. Here it is....

Monologue
You know of Davy Jones? A man of the sea, a great sailor. Until he ran afoul of that which vexes all men a woman, he fell in love. I.... Me..... The goddess Calypso.
What you see before you is not what I am. Not who I want to be. It has been more than torture trapped in this human form, cut off from the sea, from all that I love, from him. Tell me, why have I been bound in this cage of bones. Do you like what you see? Am I pretty to you?
I don’t belong this way. I don’t belong among all of you. I belong to my soul. I belong with the sea. I am the sea. You feel sorry for me? You cry salt from your eyes, but it coarse through my veins.
I bear my soul for you all to see. I open my heart. I’m not afraid to let you in. Calypso is not afraid. Can you hear it? Does it turn you on? He is here, I feel him. And that he’s here means he’s never lost.
Picks up locket and starts playing with it. Locket music starts playing.

Playful mood My sweet.... you come for me. Act like he is chasing me, like kids playing. Can you feel my heart? Can you see my heart beating for you? Tap heart. It terrifies me how it does so. How easily you’ve captured Calypso’s heart. The night we first met, is a night deeply impressioned in my immortal memory. Davy... You standing at the wheel of
‘The Neptune’. You were nothing but a simple sailor. I look up at you. The stars are
bright high above your head and the skies are free of winds and rain. The sea is calm and still, a sign of my good nature. I took the form of a girl and we make love as the wave’s crash beneath us. There is a connection between us that can never be lost. I give you a great privilege, Davy Jones. To be the Captain of the ‘Flying Dutchmen’, to ferry the souls of those who have died at sea into the next world. It is a great task and I know that you will more than capable. But with this duty comes a curse. Only once, every ten years may you come ashore to be with the one you love, me. Meet me on the shore 40 miles west of here and we will spend the time together as if we were never apart.

But I did not meet him, for he would never have loved me if not for my uncontrollable and unpredictable nature. Was it mean of me? To make my man wait - until he can wait no more. I watched as he waited for me and longed to be held by him, but I am Calypso and no mere man can have this power over me. It is only when I am ready, Calypso is ready, will you get what you have been waiting for. I did not mean for you to feel betrayed. It was not my intention. And now look at you, you have abandoned your duties and as a result, you are a monster. You have cut out your heart and corrupted your mind and soul. There is now an evil on the seas that even the most staunch and bloodthirsty pirates have come to fear. But I am not to blame.

There is a certain destiny about us, drawn together against our control. There is no use fighting it anymore, for we have destroyed ourselves in the process, and I am tired of it. I will not spend my life thinking of what is not. Your name is the lullaby that lulls me to sleep.

I am putting this up in trust that no one will use my work without my permission :)
Ebony

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I never did really get into PotC. It's looking good though; how long is it currently?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)