• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can i get 90+ for HSC? (1 Viewer)

slickstar_01

Banned
HSC
hey...........im 3 weeks out of HSC...and everything sort of going to plan....... i just wanted to no a few stuff:

ive came first in maths(2u) from yr 11 till the trial.....for everything, assesments, half yearlies, trials the whole lot........ now im really starting to get nervous, coz my marks anrt that flashy and i wanted to no if its pissible to get a band 6 in the HSC.......my trial marks were 67%.......????

and if it is possible........how much study should i be putting towards maths from now till maths exam?

thanx every1

P

pLuvia

Depends what trial you did, I assume you did the NEAP trial from your previous thread?. I'm not so sure how hard the NEAP trials are, but HSC exams are usually easier than trials. But since you are ranked overall first, look at past statistics from your school and find the hsc marks that the person who came first got, and your mark should be around that.

My advice, is to continously do past papers, and whatever area you need revision on, quickly do a recap so strengthen that area

Affinity

HSC
look through questions on this forum, if you can do almost all of them then you can get 90+ in the HSC

alexvincent

HSC
Raw mark of 67% is kinda low. If you did do the neap trial, from my experience they are slightly tougher than the rest. My school did the CSSA paper and quite a few got 90%+. A rough estimate would be that around 15 students out of about 70 got over 100/120.

Remember that you're competing with students who get 100% in the 2u paper. 2u is VERY competitive.

Your rank is the most vital thing right now. If you're first you're in the best position you could possibly be. Also, the onus is on you to boost your school's average up.

Although I haven't been that positive, I can still say that it is possible for you to get a band 6. Past papers is the way to go and pay some close attention to the questions 9 and 10. The key to high marks is to get above average in every question. When you've been through the paper once make sure that you get full marks in the first two questions.

Time allocation: the usual recommendation is 1 hour per unit per week. But in the run up to the exams it should be about 1.5 hours per unit per week.

If you do past papers with fully worked solutions then you should be alright.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it
man theroretically its even possible to get a 20% raw mark in your trials, but still get 90+ in your hsc
but it would be unlikely
my advice to you is toa ttempt as much past papers as you can....it realls helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)