• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

can i please get help on how to start my essay? (1 Viewer)

poisongirl

HSC
"Assess the view that the collapse of the Weimar Republic was primarily
due to. the appeal of Hitler and his Nazi Party"

can some 1 give me an idea on how to start my essay or my topic sentences??

i know hitler n his nazi party werent the main cause of the weimar collapse
there are other issues that contribute to it

economy

social opposition

political weakness

role of hitler and the nazi party

rama_v

HSC
hah i did this question last year for both my trial and hsc :)
Your on the right track, perhaps you could start by saying that though the appeal of the Nazi party was widespread particulalry in the early 1930s, the end of the Weimar republic was caused more due to its own inherent weaknesses, as well as the role of the conservative elite, and flaws in its politcal structure than the appeal of Hitler and his nationalist party...

Obviously for economy you could begin by saying: "the economic conditions in Weimar Germany, in the early 1930s, was appalling, and unemplyoment was high, leaving millions of Germans discontent with the ruling of the country. Thus they naturally turned towards the extremist parties in an attempt to to overthrow the system which they blamed for the econmic troubles encountered" or something similar. You could then say that it was not only tha Nazis that gained seats in the elections but also the KPD (communists), thus it was the social and economic factors that helped propel the Nazis more than their own appeal to Germans. ..

And then for the part about hitler and the nazi party itself you could argue that the Nazis appealed to a large number of people through their policies which, though vaugue, promised to ease the suffering. so here was hitler promising the workers better conditions and, at the same time, promising the business leaders that they had nothing to fear from the nazi party...

Hope this gets you started :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)