Can i still get 80% atar HELP? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
of course you can get an 80% so many people went from bad scores to 1st in rank so study hard and u will do that enigneering course!
same here about having no motviaiton but think of it this way its ur last year of school and u get ur dream course after its done forget about anythign ad just do it with all ur heart

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
of course you can get an 80% so many people went from bad scores to 1st in rank so study hard and u will do that enigneering course!
The person has already done their trial exams so has likely finished their internal assessments (so you can't change the internal rank i.e. the Atar has been impacted a lot). This is an optimistic view to have that you can just improve. There are stories of people improving, but at the same time you never hear of all the people who didn't improve (which is a way larger percentage) so what I am saying is you need to also be realistic

The maths in engineering at uni won't be a walk in the park it will probably be harder so that is why the people posting above are asking them to consider alternate pathways

blyatman

HSC
N/A
So if I got 80-90 through all my externals, there’s a chance of scoring between a 75-80 atar?
Well yes there's always a chance... Either way it doesn't matter, there's nothing you can do except to just try your best. Too many people on this forum asking if they'll get a certain ATAR, when in reality nobody knows. And it's not like their opinion is going to change anything in terms of how you study or what mark you get, so just give it all you got and see what happens when the results come.

All that effort people spend trawling through these forums asking for an estimate or if they'll get a certain mark is nothing short of a monumental waste of time; time that could've been better spent studying or doing something productive that helps them get to where they want.

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
All you can do now is put 100% in, and study your hardest. Externals still count for 50% of your HSC so there is still time to make a significant difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)