• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can someone go one up on Qantas and answer this q please? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ok, I've been standing for 20 minutes in the call queue (yes the Qantas hotline is open 24/7 according to their website) and I've given up--with the baggage dimensions for domestic flights, I'm eyeing the 1 x 115cm max permissible carry on luggage for economy class. They give the dimensions as follows:

Length Height Depth Total
56cm (22in) + 36cm (14in) + 23cm (9in) = 115cm (45in)

I know I'm being pedantic, but does this include bulge or the strict dimensions of the actual bag itself? Cos my bag is (when packed) 52cm x 28cm x 26cm. So as you can see, the depth is slightly out (it's not a rigid bag), but if I just measure the strict depth it's actually 23cm.

So yeah if anyone can help out it'll save me another phone call tomorrow.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
lala2 said:
Ok, I've been standing for 20 minutes in the call queue (yes the Qantas hotline is open 24/7 according to their website) and I've given up--with the baggage dimensions for domestic flights, I'm eyeing the 1 x 115cm max permissible carry on luggage for economy class. They give the dimensions as follows:

Length Height Depth Total
56cm (22in) + 36cm (14in) + 23cm (9in) = 115cm (45in)

I know I'm being pedantic, but does this include bulge or the strict dimensions of the actual bag itself? Cos my bag is (when packed) 52cm x 28cm x 26cm. So as you can see, the depth is slightly out (it's not a rigid bag), but if I just measure the strict depth it's actually 23cm.

So yeah if anyone can help out it'll save me another phone call tomorrow.
Since it's only 3cm it's not too big a deal. The only time this will matter is if they're being pedantic and make you put it in the "guide dimensions". If it doesn't fit into that then they won't let you take it on.

I saw them do that to a guy who had a bag that had a bulge. He took out a couple books to remove the bulge, managed to get the bag into the guide dimensions and they had to let him take it on because it fit.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Arseholes.

Also, don't try it with Jetstar, they are absolute cunts about things like this.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I actually don't mind it.

On a flight in the states we were delayed by an hour because a whole bunch of people brought oversize luggage on board and it literally would not fit on the plane so they had to either squeeze them in or gate check which takes for fucking ever. Because a number of American airlines are charging for bags now it's happening more.

It'll happen here too and the cunts who think that they can bring their massize bags on board will create even more delays.

James747

HSC
Airlines often dont bother to make sure your bag fits the dimensions unless its really oversized... a few centimetres is fine, i've never had a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)