• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can you breach a bonded agreement? (1 Viewer)

Dsquall

HSC
Hey i was just looking around at the bonded agreement spots and was wondering if you get in on a bonded spot if you could just quit in first year =D.

I read this statement of the health.gov.au site "It is also possible to withdraw from the Scheme at any time. However, if you do so after commencing the 2nd year of study, you must repay the Government's contribution to the cost of your medical education. "

but does anyone know whether this means you can keep going on with your course or if you have to quit?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
you have to quit.. so if u dun start yr 2... u just pay the CSP costs

if u start... 2nd yr. .and drop out.. u pay back in terms of local full fee i believe to the Aust Govt....

If u graduate and dun commence the bond as per the agreement.. u dun get a medicare provider number... so basically u cant practise in Australia.. unless u repay them.. the full cost of fees + interest..

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
why would you want to do one year and then quit? you can't swap to a non-bonded spot if you change your mind.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
depends on the university.. usually they wont let u transfer.. cos they need bonded students..

adelaide... does not allow BMP to CSP.. due to the Aust Fed govt restrictions.

vodkacrumble

shiftworker
HSC
thanks for the abc link - it's an interesting thought that it's easier to buy your way out. then it's even cheaper if you decide to do a year or two in a rural area instead of the whole 6.

but really, depending which state you're in you don't even have to go that far out of the city to meet the requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)