Car sound system help~ (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

7th Sign

HSC
if you want to run a amp of this then get a 4 channel amp and you will not have to worry about all that bs...

because you can just run the 6by 9s and sub of the 4 channel amp..

any way 3x20watt is pretty crap for a HU

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The sound system is pretty good I reckon.. like when I listened to it there was no distortion at all at high volume...

Anyhow, I would like a bit more bass, at minimal expense to me. I heard there's something called a mono-amp which is meant for subwoofers or something?

EDIT: I don't want like.. EXCESSIVE BASS. Today i was driving and some Accent was behind me... and every beat of the subwoofer got into my head and peeved me... so I don't need "that much". Just enough to enjoy the music a bit more? Preferably with a switch or volume control for the subwoofer so I don't have to have it on all the time.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
seriosuly I can not help you with a exact answer to the right system for you, most of the users on here will give you a wrong answer to the questions you are asking well what do you expect when users liek daddyk still have tape decks in their cars.

maby try this forum - http://www.caraudioaustralia.com

people who own car audio shops are posters on here and they will help you out also most of the members know a lot about car audio.

Pace_T

HSC
7th Sign said:
seriosuly I can not help you with a exact answer to the right system for you, most of the users on here will give you a wrong answer to the questions you are asking well what do you expect when users liek daddyk still have tape decks in their cars.

maby try this forum - http://www.caraudioaustralia.com

people who own car audio shops are posters on here and they will help you out also most of the members know a lot about car audio.

yeah that forum is awesome

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well I'm not completely sure what's going on with the opel website.... the fractured english and all.

But from what I could gather:

That number of speakers probably means that there's 6" split which they're counting as two speakers each... Given the odd number of speakers there may even be a 'sub' of some sort.

It seems like it would be a big pain in the arse to replace the reciever, and it seems unlikley that the reciever would have pre-amp outs.

Therefore to get the bass you require you need an amp that accepts speaker level inputs (eg speaker wire rather than RCA).

A monoblock amp is one which has only one channel and are typically found in high end applications and given the restriction of speaker level inputs they're out.

For my money you need an alright 4channel amp that accepts speaker level inputs - eg the Kenwoord KAC-6201. Though one with independent crossovers for the two channel groupings would be better.

Given the requirement of no huge bass a 10" sub would probably be sufficient.

You would hook this up to the rear speaker wiring. Drive the rear speakers off two of the channels and a sub off the other two.

To accomplish the switching you merely have to install a switch in the blue turn-on wire for the amp. eg the turn on wire runs from ignition power to the switch to the amp. Whenever the switch is off neither the amp nor any of its attatched speakers will work.

DIY budget:
Amp: $150
Sub: $100
Wiring: $30 (8gauge off ebay)
Switch: $5
Miscellaneous: $25

Total: $310
Time: A weekend
Difficulty: Moderate

Professional:
Total:$600
Time: An afternoon

Hope that helped.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering what you think of the "acoustically tuned to the car"? Doesn't that mean if I modify something it could potentially make things sound worse...? *is concerned about that*

As for the 7th speaker, it turns out it's a centre speaker to add 'dimension' or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)